May 01, 2024, 04:51:14 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

New Daniel Brummel interview (link inside)

Started by brad, April 14, 2008, 03:48:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Not Jason

You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

I Like Ozma

That was sweet. his view on ozma didn't seem too look into the future though.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Kyosho

Holy crap that was a great interview. Daniel seemed to be really into it and giving a lot of detail. Thanks a lot man!
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Seb

Tinyurl is your friend ;)

Nevertheless, good interview. Er, is that pretty much confirmation that Ozma are over and done with again now? "I was in Ozma for so many years", "that was always sort of the approach in Ozma", "actually the last drummer Ozma had, Kenn Shane", "am totally satisfied with how far Ozma got in our releases. I had such an Samuel time."

I mean, if they have gone their separate ways again, it seems pretty bloody unfair that there's been NO official announcement of any kind, but Daniel feels able to make statements like that in interviews...
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

Not Jason

Quote from: Seb on April 20, 2008, 01:14:19 am

Nevertheless, good interview. Er, is that pretty much confirmation that Ozma are over and done with again now? "I was in Ozma for so many years", "that was always sort of the approach in Ozma", "actually the last drummer Ozma had, Kenn Shane", "am totally satisfied with how far Ozma got in our releases. I had such an Samuel time."

I mean, if they have gone their separate ways again, it seems pretty bloody unfair that there's been NO official announcement of any kind, but Daniel feels able to make statements like that in interviews...

I'd heard a lot of murmurings for a while now, but never anything definitive from a direct source, so I really don't know what to think or if anything would really surprise me.  My suspicion, which isn't grounded in any sort of actual evidence, is that they are taking a much needed hiatus for the moment, but haven't declared anything so as to keep their future options open.  In any case, I agree with your conclusion, that it's a bit weird of him to be dropping those kinds of hints about Ozma's current status.  The thing that kind of confuses me though is that a lot of Ryen's recent posts, while they say nothing explicit, certainly seem more optimistic about the band.
I am the baseball.

brad

April 20, 2008, 08:03:54 am #7 Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:55:40 am by brad
Quote from: Not Jason on April 20, 2008, 03:37:35 am
Quote from: Seb on April 20, 2008, 01:14:19 am

I'd heard a lot of murmurings for a while now, but never anything definitive from a direct source, so I really don't know what to think or if anything would really surprise me.  My suspicion, which isn't grounded in any sort of actual evidence, is that they are taking a much needed hiatus for the moment, but haven't declared anything so as to keep their future options open.  In any case, I agree with your conclusion, that it's a bit weird of him to be dropping those kinds of hints about Ozma's current status.  The thing that kind of confuses me though is that a lot of Ryen's recent posts, while they say nothing explicit, certainly seem more optimistic about the band.

I asked Daniel recently about the language he was using in our interview.  He said not to take it like any indication that the band was over, he was just talking in terms of the "good ole days" or "the golden years" with this interview.  But I don't want to speak for him....

I mean, they do have 3* shows scheduled so far in May...

Not Jason

That's what I had assumed from the interview until Seb quoted the specifics, which do tend to support his argument.  In any case, I hope the best for Ozma's future.  I would like to see them again.
I am the baseball.

I Like Ozma

yeah i didnt want to say "man i knew ozma was breaking up again!" but by the interview it seemed thats what he meant. but at the same time the fact that ozma has shows playing obviously means they have to be together.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Rome