April 29, 2024, 01:58:53 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Daniel Brummel at the No Future Cafe April 7th.

Started by Indoor Fireworks, March 12, 2006, 10:10:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Indoor Fireworks

... thats pretty much it. Not much else to say.
You have balls. I like balls.

I like ozma

Fantastic Max

Quote from: I ozma like on March 23, 2006, 06:41:51 pm
will he be drinking a latte?
That place is low key. Free coffee, I think..last time we went to see Yes Dear.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Indoor Fireworks

Did anyone go to this? I did. It was an excellent show, however the audience was very disrespectful. I know this place is run by a church and it was probably established to keep kids off the streets and away from trouble, but these fucking kids need to show a little respect for musical performances. I was sitting at a table directly in front of the stage and I was still having trouble hearing the music over the dozens of different unimportant conversations that were going on simultaneously. Aside from the crowd it was a very pleasant experience and I would love to see him perform his solo stuff again.
You have balls. I like balls.

bobsystem

Yes, it was an excellent show.Ã,  I think it was one of Daniel's best acoustic performances, and the accompaniment from Laura and Corey was superb.Ã,  Corey has always amazed me when he's played with Daniel in the folk setting, but until I saw him drum for the Mae Shi opening for Ozma at the Knitting Factory, I never realized the range of his remarkable talent.Ã,  The energy, precision and dynamism in his playing those two nights was astounding to me.Ã,  It's a shame so many Ozma fans couldn't grasp what that smart, inventive band was all about.Ã,  I also really enjoyed Daphne the Painted Lady--amusing, refreshing, quirky and ultimately uplifting as they moved through a delightful set.Ã,  As for the disrespectful crowd, you can chalk that up to the fact that No Future has 3 slots to fill and the performers and their audiences aren't always compatible.Ã,  My sense was that it was the third group's fans who were making most of the noise rather than kids off the street, but you're right, the original purpose of the project was to give kids a place to hang out on Friday night.