May 16, 2024, 06:48:31 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

d-song with organ

Started by cesarsalad, May 14, 2007, 05:55:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cesarsalad

so i keep hearing that "D Song used to have pretty prominent organ". did you guys hear a bootleg/studio recording/etc. that shows this? And where can I find such a recording?

Thank you,

Cesar

gloom-glaam

Ozma File Repository, it's there for a reason.

CT-700

May 15, 2007, 04:35:12 am #2 Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 04:39:04 am by CT-700
I don't believe the demo in the repository has any organ, however there is organ throughout almost the entire new Underneath My Trees. Its just behind the guitars and piano for a more subtle effect, which causes people to think they practically omited it from the new recording, however its there. The reason they expect it to be louder is because of that one youtube video when they are simply playing it along with the already recorded guitars/bass/drums.

Kyosho

Part of it probably has to do with this video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b64t_YAjiOM
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

danorganplayer

Why they didnt turn up the volume for that organ idk..Cuz it sounded much better...U can BARELY hear it...now.

Джесси

Quote from: Kyosho on May 15, 2007, 09:52:10 am

That was the video CT was talking about.    :P
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

FireAarro

Ozma often have their auxiliary instruments too soft... 'Cello in Curve 1-9, anyone? The horns weren't that loud in Eponine either...
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Quote from: FireAarro on May 15, 2007, 11:07:23 pm
Ozma often have their auxiliary instruments too soft... 'Cello in Curve 1-9, anyone? The horns weren't that loud in Eponine either...

There's cello in Curve In The Old 1-9?!?!

--And what's up with 'Cello?  It makes me want to pronounce it "sello" --I guess that's cool though.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Tim/Rodney/Zach/Andrew/Rome on May 16, 2007, 03:36:47 am

--And what's up with 'Cello?  It makes me want to pronounce it "sello" --I guess that's cool though.

I pronounce it "porcupine"
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

FireAarro

Violoncello
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

CT-700

Quote from: Zoso1971 on May 15, 2007, 10:09:27 pm
Quote from: Kyosho on May 15, 2007, 09:52:10 am

That was the video CT was talking about.    :P

No harm done.

As taken from the liner notes: james barry - cello

May 16, 2007, 12:04:36 pm #11 Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:07:46 pm by Tim/Rodney/Zach/Andrew/Rome
Quote from: FireAarro on May 16, 2007, 06:30:05 am

Violoncello

ZOINKS.  I never knew (and had never even seen) the " ' " contribute to a legit spelling of cello.  BUT, Google proves me wrong, so I bow to you ... actually it wasn't google as much as it was the only 'cello that popped up underneath the Wikipedia link.  So, if it was you who just added that to Wikipedia to own me, I give you props.

EDIT:  I take it back, I just went through like 6 pages of a google cello search, and the Wiki is the only one that has it 'cello if it WASN'T you who did that, I'm going to be severely at some one.  --And you should be too.

tom

Oh...now you're Jerry Seinfeld: "And what's the deal with Cello?"

Quote from: tom on May 16, 2007, 12:55:07 pm

Oh...now you're Jerry Seinfeld: "And what's the deal with Cello?"

Dammit Tom.  That was fucking low.  I'm gonna go pee in a parking garage now!  LOLOLOL --oh wait, that was George.  LOL.  THEN I GUESS I'LL GO HAVE SEX IN MY PARENT'S BED!!! LOLOL!!! 

I really don't like Jerry Seinfeld.  I think the show is brilliant, but I think he's a funky-butt-lover.  I don't think he has a funny delivery of anything.  And all his "what's the deal with"s are stupid.  Mine are legit.  So, shut the fuck up.

Sandguy

i hear it now! i put on some headphones and it totally drones one note through the whole second verse (i think it is). it isn't as brilliant i thought it would be, but it adds a neat effect.

heysarahsarah

The cello is pretty loud in Curve in the Old 1-9.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

k24

all this cello-rock talk makes me want to listen to Cursive.