May 16, 2024, 05:59:33 am

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Ozma Survivor: Albums Round 2

Started by I Like Ozma, August 22, 2007, 10:57:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which album should be booted off the island?

Doubble Donkey Disk
5 (18.5%)
Spending Time On The Borderline
11 (40.7%)
Pasadena
11 (40.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: August 26, 2007, 10:57:26 am

I Like Ozma

Looks like "We don't love to listen, to our rock and roll part three"
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Seb

So it didn't count enough for the poll, but it counted enough for you to quote lyrics? ;)
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

Rome

i hope spending time wins this survivor series, because it is the worst album imo

gloom-glaam

VanSlegr Fan

Wow. how wrong you both are. seriously.
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

Seb

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on August 22, 2007, 10:10:54 pm
Wow. how wrong you both are. seriously.

SEE, YOU TWO. YOUR OPINIONS ARE WRONG. NOW GO AND HIDE IN THE CORNER.

Also, STOTB is the weakest.
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

VanSlegr Fan

No, its not the weakest at all. RRp3 is, STotB has the strongest lyrics and musicmanship. How does RRp3's lyrics or music beat STotB?
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

Captain Clay

Rome

August 23, 2007, 07:45:15 am #8 Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 07:50:02 am by Rome
Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on August 23, 2007, 07:35:26 am
No, its not the weakest at all.

Yes it is. Look it up on facts.com, you little shit.

edit** lol "SEE, YOU TWO." Nice one.

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteYou lose your opinion privileges.

no, i don't at all. someone explain to me how RRP3 or Pasadena surpass STotB as superior albums. im not trying to argue, i just can't see this at all, please show me.

amish

It's a matter of opinion. If there was a logically proven choice, we wouldn't need these stupid threads.

Captain Clay

Quote from: Rome on August 23, 2007, 07:45:15 am

Yeah, as in, there are two of you.

Brent

this is turning out to be quite a strange poll.  but i have to agree that RRP3 doesn't even compare to STotB in terms of the songwriting, composition and arrangements.  i mean...RRP3 was their first album.  while it definitely has a certain vibe and vitality that no other album has, their later albums display much more growth and maturity.  i would say that every album progressively gets better in terms of the musicianship and arrangements.  it just comes down to preference (ie. which batch of songs do you personally prefer).

if this was a poll about which album displays the most mature songwriting and composition, it could be debated, but its futile to debate about which album has the best songs.  for me, its STotB...but thats just my opinion.

I Like Ozma

DDD has the worst lyrics of any album. imo of course. pasadena the best. rrrp3 the most memorable. stobl the best music.

Captain Clay

Tri$tan

hoooly shit. haha. What is going on here?
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

amish

Quote from: Brent on August 23, 2007, 08:26:54 am
this is turning out to be quite a strange poll.  but i have to agree that RRP3 doesn't even compare to STotB in terms of the songwriting, composition and arrangements.  i mean...RRP3 was their first album.  while it definitely has a certain vibe and vitality that no other album has, their later albums display much more growth and maturity.  i would say that every album progressively gets better in terms of the musicianship and arrangements.  it just comes down to preference (ie. which batch of songs do you personally prefer).

if this was a poll about which album displays the most mature songwriting and composition, it could be debated, but its futile to debate about which album has the best songs.  for me, its STotB...but thats just my opinion.
DDD came out years before RRp3. Ocho and Cuatro, while not albums (neither is DDD to be fair, but since you used it as a reference...) came out before DDD.

Discography

Brent

i have no clue what you are getting at.  if you are referring to the fact that some of the DDD songs, specifically a few from the later half of the album were written before RRP3 came out, then i am fully aware of that.  i was simply suggesting that the actual musicianship and performances get better and better on each album as the band matures.  in other words, if Ozma were to re-record RRP3, it would probably come out much more polished and tighter...though it definitely wouldn't have the same vibe.

Seb

Quote from: Joe on August 23, 2007, 10:02:21 am

DDD came out years before RRp3. Ocho and Cuatro, while not albums (neither is DDD to be fair, but since you used it as a reference...) came out before DDD.

Discography

I'm confused. Joe, are you confusing Doubble Donkey Disc with Songs of Inaudible Trucks & Cars?

Rome

Quote from: Clay on August 23, 2007, 07:54:50 am
Quote from: Rome on August 23, 2007, 07:45:15 am

Yeah, as in, there are two of you.

no I mean his whole post was funny, and right along the lines of my thought too (hence the fact.com remark), but the SEE, YOU TWO just seemed to be the part I laughed at hardest, imo.

VanSlegr Fan

i like STotB the best, DDD a close-close second, i feel they both have incredibly strong points to them, and very few weak points between the 2. i do like RRp3 better than most albums, i mean most non-Ozma albums. but it just hasn't grown on me over the years the way STotB <which i've grown to just LOVE more each year> or DDD has <i find myself almost never listening to the first 5 songs>

I Like Ozma

wow, back on topic i cant believe stobl is losing! it was ahead it seems like just an hour ago.

The Other Mike

blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Rome

Jeff42

RRP3 is my favorite album and STotB is my second favorite Ozma album.  >:( Weird, on the song survivors my tastes seemed to match up fairly well with the voting.

amish

August 23, 2007, 05:49:33 pm #25 Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 05:19:46 am by Joe
Quote from: Seb on August 23, 2007, 11:57:27 am
Quote from: Joe on August 23, 2007, 10:02:21 am

Discography

I'm confused. Joe, are you confusing Doubble Donkey Disc with Songs of Inaudible Trucks & Cars?
Wow... what was I thinking? I even linked to the darned Discog and didn't bother to check it myself.

My apologies.

Quote from: Brent on August 23, 2007, 10:33:52 am
i have no clue what you are getting at.  if you are referring to the fact that some of the DDD songs, specifically a few from the later half of the album were written before RRP3 came out, then i am fully aware of that.  i was simply suggesting that the actual musicianship and performances get better and better on each album as the band matures.  in other words, if Ozma were to re-record RRP3, it would probably come out much more polished and tighter...though it definitely wouldn't have the same vibe.
No, I just suck and was confused yesterday. Sorry!

Brent