May 16, 2024, 03:37:21 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Jose's Acoustic show

Started by Fantastic Max, August 26, 2007, 01:02:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Max

August 26, 2007, 01:02:17 pm Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:10:53 pm by Fantastic Max
Sucks I can't go to this. I have stuff to do tonight, but I'd probably go, otherwise. Seems like it'd be fun. And Jose singing!

Myspace Bulletin:
.....Points for anybody that knows where the subject lyric is from. (hint: HairMetal)

Anyway, I haven't done one of these in YEARS, but tonight I'll be playing an acoustic show with some friends. I'll be doing some songs with my friend Loren(head man of the powerpop sensation mega groupTeaneck) and a couple of other songs with my friend other super friend J.Lynn Johnston. Who knows we might even be pull out a sweet song by H's Between Vowels song (ok yes we are!)

details:

SUNDAY NIGHT (tonight) @ 7:15pm
@ Bean Town
45 N. Baldwin Ave
FREE (but you'll probably want to buy something as to not look like a cheap-ass)

---There's plenty of great places to eat near and around Bean Town, and if you haven't been to Sierra Madre, it's a sweet small town which doesn't even really feel like you're in california. Anyway come on down if you got nothing going on, it's going to be chill.

--JOSE
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

VanSlegr Fan

August 26, 2007, 01:24:26 pm #1 Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:32:25 pm by VanSlegr Fan
wow. id LOVE to go that show, sounds great. once again sucks to not be in my birth state of Cali. :(

edit-> has anyone heard Teaneck? Samantha tells me good things, i should go to there myspace and check em out.
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

CT-700

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on August 26, 2007, 01:24:26 pm
has anyone heard Teaneck? Samantha tells me good things, i should go to there myspace and check em out.

They're good. Just simplistic rocking music. Jose is going to play a show with them coming up to fill in on a second guitar (they're a trio).

gloom-glaam

Teaneck is quite Samuel, I got their C.D. this week, it is also quite Samuel.

VanSlegr Fan

August 26, 2007, 05:03:42 pm #4 Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 05:05:00 pm by VanSlegr Fan
off there myspace i assume? is it there only album?and just how much power is in there pop? i don't expect/want an Ozma pt. 2 out of them, just curious
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

gloom-glaam

Actually, I got it off of their myspace contest, and yes, it is their only one, as of now. Don't be expecting an Ozma part II, or any synthesizers at all. It's still pretty power poppy, just not the kind of power pop your expecting.

CT-700

Yeah they are straight forward guitar-bass-drum pop/rock. Simplicity in its finest.