May 16, 2024, 12:46:07 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Curve In The Old 1-9 Appreciation Thread.

Started by SteveLikesOzma, October 07, 2007, 05:34:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveLikesOzma

This song rocks my face clean off. It's the most 'intense' ozma song by far. Anyone love it as much as I do? The breakdown at 2:45 makes me want to fight ninjas.

VanSlegr Fan

October 07, 2007, 06:16:42 pm #1 Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 06:20:46 pm by VanSlegr Fan
QuoteIt's the most 'intense' ozma song by far

is it?

it's ok, i can't say i don't usually skip it, but i do think i like it more than Come Home Andrea or Light Years Will Burn.
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

antiuser

FireAarro

I don't really dig the lyrics.

Quote from: SteveLikesOzma on October 07, 2007, 05:34:26 pm
It's the most 'intense' ozma song by far.

Fight the Darkness? Straight Flush?
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

I Like Ozma

yeah if the lyrics were better id like it more. but it is a GREAT song! i believe it is the most underrated song on stobl
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

VanSlegr Fan

October 08, 2007, 03:14:21 pm #5 Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 03:19:57 pm by VanSlegr Fan
Quotei believe it is the most underrated song on stobl

no, it's rightfully underrated. it's not intense at all. i'd say it's good pop rock, and a lil heavier than "normal" Ozma, but intense isn't the word to use.
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

CT-700

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on October 08, 2007, 03:14:21 pm
a lil heavier than "normal" Ozma, but intense isn't the word to use.

Perhaps "orchestrated"?

I Like Ozma

VanSlegr Fan

CT-700

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!" -Batman

Rome

Джесси

Spending Time on the Borderline was my first Ozma album. Ozma sat somewhat outside of my taste in music at the time, and I honestly didn't get into the album much. The one track that I took a liking to first was "Curve In The Old 1-9." I suppose this was in part due to the "heavier" main riff, as well as the way the chorus is sung. Keeping in mind that at this point in time I had never heard any of their other work, "Curve In The Old 1-9" was essentially the song that got me into the band. I still enjoy the song a tremendous amount, though I no longer consider it to be my favorite (off the album and in general).
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

Rome

Spending Time on the Borderline was my fourth Ozma album. Ozma was mainly my taste in music at the time, and I honestly didn't get into the album as much as the previous two. The one track that I took a liking to first was "Restart". I suppose this was in part due to the "tragically beautiful" feeling, as well as the way the chorus is sung. Keeping in mind that at this point in time I had heard virtually all of their other work (save ocho and cuatro recordings), "Curve In The Old 1-9" was essentially an average song. I still enjoy the song, though I have never considered it to be my favorite (off the album and in general). I think the name is clever, but that's it.

I Like Ozma

Spending Time On the Borderline was i believe my third? Ozma album, I essentially bought each album at the same time considering i didnt REALLY become a fan until after all three were made. The first ozma song that i really took a liking to was Natalie Portman, and to be honest "Curve in the old 1-9" was probably the last song that i took a liking to, maybe next to "your name" but i now believe that is probably the 5th best song on the album.

VanSlegr Fan

Curve is okay, the only songs from the albums that i dislike outright are "Spending Time" and "Business of Getting Down".

ozmadic

natalie portman was the first song i ever heard (i found a burned copy of rock n roll pt 3 in my older sisters cd collection) she had written all the songs on the outside and i saw that one was called natalie portman.  at the time i was hopelessly in love with natalie portman...so i guess my love for ozma sprung from my love for star wars.  i realize this has nothing to do with curve in the old 1-9.

Rome

stevelikesozma... more like LEAVElikesozma. hahahahah right guys?

I Like Ozma

you could not be more correct. that guy tried to steal my name but using third person.

Seb

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on October 08, 2007, 03:14:21 pm
no, it's rightfully underrated.

Um. You can't really be "rightfully underrated". The whole point of the word "underrated", the entire reason for its existence, is to describe something which you feel isn't rated highly enough by people. If people think something is crap and it's just crap, then it's not "rightfully underrated", it's just... crap.

(not that "Curve..." is crap, but still)

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on October 07, 2007, 06:16:42 pm
it's ok, i can't say i don't usually skip it, but i do think i like it more than Come Home Andrea or Light Years Will Burn.

!!!! abwefqwerlsadkfvzxcvotynjjknasdfqwjebrqwe;rkj!!!!!!!!!

LEAVE THIS FORUM NOW.
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

VanSlegr Fan

October 12, 2007, 05:09:45 pm #19 Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 05:18:57 pm by VanSlegr Fan
Quote!!!! abwefqwerlsadkfvzxcvotynjjknasdfqwjebrqwe;rkj!!!!!!!!!

LEAVE THIS FORUM NOW.

lol. get over it. okay i guess i do like LYWB more. my fav songs of STotB <easily my fav Ozma> are Restart, Game Over, Your Name, Wake Up, U. Shibuya. The rest i like just fine, even Curve, but i can't say i ever think to myself "Man, i could really go for some [insert any other song name here], right about now!"

Rome

I could really go for some pussy right now.

lit

- jmurda