May 15, 2024, 11:51:07 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

how to distribute soitac?

Started by cesarsalad, October 15, 2007, 05:33:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cesarsalad

after ozma's Samuel show last thursday in which they played lorraine, iceland, and rain of the golden gorilla, a few people i know in person and some online ppl have been wondering where to get the songs from trucks and cars. is there a torrent for this album anywhere? is it legal for us to distribute or is there any way to obtain the album otherwise?? (i have it in mp3 format, but i got it so long ago i don't remember where)

VanSlegr Fan

i have it, but i have half the So*Inaudible*TAC and Audible. I'd rather have the Audible one, but i don't know how to tell the difference, all the ones i find on Soulseek are jumbled up and mislabeled, so i dont know if i'm getting the remastered mp3.com version at all.

Whats yr AIM sn and i'll message you with the mp3's
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

cesarsalad

no, i have it, i just want to give it to a lot of people. i'm pretty sure i have the remastered version too, i'll send it to YOU. hah

Not Jason

remastered version what?

there are two versions of the album.  I have real hardcopy versions of both.

Songs of Inaudible Trucks and Cars
Songs of Audible Trucks and Cars

Audible has one extra track, the demo version of Bootymaster.  Also, my copy of Audible sounds a little better than my copy of Inaudible.  If you have a version you think is remastered, you might just have a better quality rip.  To my knowledge, which is pretty thorough, nobody has ever remastered this record.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

cesarsalad

Quote from: Not Jason on October 15, 2007, 06:32:38 pm
remastered version what?

there are two versions of the album.  I have real hardcopy versions of both.

Songs of Inaudible Trucks and Cars
Songs of Audible Trucks and Cars

Audible has one extra track, the demo version of Bootymaster.  Also, my copy of Audible sounds a little better than my copy of Inaudible.  If you have a version you think is remastered, you might just have a better quality rip.  To my knowledge, which is pretty thorough, nobody has ever remastered this record.

I didn't think so - I thought mp3.com just distributed it themselves. I have the Audible version, with the extra track, but it's labeled as (In)Audible for some reason. Can I send this to people? Where can anyone get hard copies anymore?

noonchild

I still want to buy that from you Jason, although I feel it might take away from the awesome story behind getting it... or was that ocho?   ;)
The light cast dark shadows all around me

Quote from: noonchild on October 15, 2007, 06:50:24 pm
I still want to buy that from you Jason, although I feel it might take away from the awesome story behind getting it... or was that ocho?   ;)

Dude, when Jason wants to sell Ocho it's MINE.  Don't fucking think about it.  I will outbid the shit out of you.

noonchild

We should just both throw down.  Winner takes all.

Captain Clay

Wait, don't you have a sword and really hot underwear? The fight wouldn't be fair. All Sam's got is a big chin.

noonchild

The underwear has lost its power, now that the stretch marks have assumed full form.

VanSlegr Fan

October 15, 2007, 08:36:49 pm #10 Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 09:02:00 pm by VanSlegr Fan
i remember reading that Audible was remastered and put on mp3.com. Maybe i am wrong, but i'm sure i read it and that's why the name was change from Inaudible to Audible.

QuoteWhere can anyone get hard copies anymore?
um, you can't. you could of bought it of mp3.com years ago.

does anyone have the art for the album cover? if so can u post it in this thread?
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

cesarsalad

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on October 15, 2007, 08:36:49 pm
i remember reading that Audible was remastered and put on mp3.com. Maybe i am wrong, but i'm sure i read it and that's why the name was change from Inaudible to Audible.

QuoteWhere can anyone get hard copies anymore?
um, you can't. you could of bought it of mp3.com years ago.

does anyone have the art for the album cover? if so can u post it in this thread?

cesarsalad

Oatmeal

Thanks for that convent folder. +1 Also for those who don't know. The ozma respiratory is still alive and has tons of songs. You can find it on the top of the subjects on ozma general discussion's.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

Джесси

ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

Not Jason

I think Ozma is generally alright with the circulation of that material which is not commercially available.  They have always been pretty cool about fans taping shows and what have you.  There used to be controversy over the Cuatro and Ocho material (Cuatro has never surfaced as far as I'm aware), but I think that's died down ever since it finally got out there.  The rational was that they didn't want people hearing really old crappy material and judging the band by it.  If you've ever heard that material, you'd understand why.  But as far as SOITAC goes, almost nobody owns it, but it's got a lot of fan favorites on it, so I don't have any reason to suspect they are up in arms about that stuff.

For the hell of it, I've uploaded my old cover art gallery, which I made a few years ago to show some of the cover art to the more obscure releases that not everyone has.

http://www.umit.maine.edu/~jason.unterreiner/ozmaart
I am the baseball.

VanSlegr Fan

wow! thanks Caesar, didn't think i'd ever find the actual Audible mp3's thanks alot man!!

Jason, thanks for the art, also can't say i thought i'd ever find the art, thanks!!!

ps Jason, you never answered my question "Do you know were Hartland, ME, is?"

VanSlegr Fan

October 16, 2007, 08:40:10 pm #17 Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:09:46 pm by VanSlegr Fan
Jason - on the interior notes for Inaudible, it says "produced by Ozma [with Rod Cervera on Lorraine/ Los Angeles]" does that mean he produced or played on those tracks?

and do we know what the date is for the live Shooting Stars/Baseball?

FireAarro

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on October 16, 2007, 08:40:10 pm
Jason - on the interior notes for Inaudible, it says "produced by Ozma [with Rod Cervera on Lorraine/ Los Angeles]" does that mean he produced or played on those tracks?

and do we know what the date is for the live Shooting Stars/Baseball?

Produced, I assume. So THAT'S why they're the only ones with decent sound!
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Not Jason

One of the very few Ozma releases I don't own is the cassette single of Lorraine, which, if I'm not mistaken, had Los Angeles as the B-side.  SOITAC simply re-released those same versions, which were recorded in a studio.  That is why those two are the exception, because they had help on production.

I do not know the date for those two live recordings.

Also of note:  though she is pictured on the inside of Audible, I do not think Star performed on any of these songs (I think the recordings predated her being in the band), and she is not pictured or credited at all on Inaudible.
I am the baseball.

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteSo THAT'S why they're the only ones with decent sound!

I've always found that "If My Amp Had Wheels" was next to inaudible, no pun intended. I usually skip it, or have to crank the volume WAY up to hear it.

Not Jason

If My Amp Had Wheels shouldn't be that much quieter than the rest of the album.  If it is, that I'd speculate that you have it from a different rip or something.  Before I owned the album, the version I had on my computer was made up of the various songs downloaded individually and compiled and retagged to form the album.  I'm guessing that I'm not the only person who did that, and I'm sure there are probably versions of the album floating around online that people are downloading like that.  There are some big fluctuations in levels though.  The intro to Natalie Portman for example (the intro to the song, not the pointless intro track) is ridiculously low.  The same holds true for the other demo and live versions.  IMAHW should be fine though.
I am the baseball.

Rome

Quote from: noonchild on October 15, 2007, 07:58:40 pm
We should just both throw down.  Winner takes all.

don't do it samuel. Even if you win, nc still won't send you anything. I'm still waiting on my contest prizes.

gloom-glaam

I got mine, after 9 months of begging.