April 29, 2024, 10:19:56 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Unintended Mashup...

Started by Kyosho, November 04, 2007, 04:01:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyosho

Right, so, earlier I was listening to Lost on Daniel's myspace and saw the link to Star's profile and opened it in another tab. And, well, usually when that happens, you'll hear conflicting music if they've got a song set up. This time, they kind of went together. So I made a clip. I didn't do any work on it. Like, I didn't set it up to time it properly, I didn't edit it. You can tell. The only thing I did was hit play on Star's myspace after I felt what was the right time. And then when Lost was ending, I started turning the volume down on Star's as like a ghetto fade-out. It doesn't sound as good as my random first hearing, but it's okay. Most of you will probably hate it. But I thought I'd share.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/4677136de5cb65/

Maybe I wouldn't have payed attention if not for the fact that I've been listening to mashups a lot lately. And working on a few.

I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

I Like Ozma

once stars song comes in, it kinda just drowns out daniels.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Kyosho

Yeah I know. Throughout it I was trying to balance it a bit more. Think of Daniel as more of a backing track or something in this. You ever hear "In Love" on Ben Folds' Fear Of Pop album? With William Shatner? It's got a great backing track that Ben sings, but you can't really hear what he's saying. I'm kind of thinking of this the same way. There's one part I do really like though. The way the rap (or whatever you call it) changes at just the right time at about 1:25.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

I Like Ozma

yeah it kinda sounds cool, how do you record stuff like that?
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.