April 29, 2024, 03:09:27 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Into Light

Started by machatte, May 08, 2008, 02:47:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

machatte

I am listening to the new mix and vocals of Into Light and it's pretty great. I'll post it somewhere when I'm allowed to.

Kyosho

I really wish that song could've been on Pasadena instead of one of the rehashes. Look forward to hearing it.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Oatmeal

Your officially allowed to according to the authority invested in myself.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

Джесси

Ryen, was there ever a studio version of "Kid Icarus" recorded? I love the live mixes, but it'd be nice to hear a cleaner version. That's another song I wish could have been on the record.

P.S. If a studio mix of this song has already been shared, please forgive me. I know at one time I searched the forums in an attempt to find it, but came up short.
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

I Like Ozma

i already loved the version of into light that we know. i hope this one somehow tops it.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

hipsun

Quote from: Jesse on May 08, 2008, 10:31:58 pm
Ryen, was there ever a studio version of "Kid Icarus" recorded? I love the live mixes, but it'd be nice to hear a cleaner version. That's another song I wish could have been on the record.

P.S. If a studio mix of this song has already been shared, please forgive me. I know at one time I searched the forums in an attempt to find it, but came up short.

there is a demo version of kid icarus i recorded at ryens house right after the digital seagull stuff and there is an incomplete version billy recorded in the summer 2006 sessions. i don't think daniel wants either one released.

Zombie Don Ho

yeah, that seemed like a quality jam... shame.

machatte

yes, KI was a fan favorite live, I'm not sure what the status of that recording is. perhaps we'll have a chance to finished it one day.  The only reason we worked on into light was because some japanese label wanted an unreleased track for a "powerpop" compilation. they may also put the album out in japan but not sure yet. anyone hear the rentals tribute album? we did a track for it but it wasn't included from what I can tell - looks like they only put out a handful of the songs for some reason.

Martha Gail

That's a shame.  I liked what you guys did.  It took a few listens to grow on me, though.
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

I Like Ozma

Quote from: machatte on May 09, 2008, 01:39:36 pm
yes, KI was a fan favorite live, I'm not sure what the status of that recording is. perhaps we'll have a chance to finished it one day.  The only reason we worked on into light was because some japanese label wanted an unreleased track for a "powerpop" compilation. they may also put the album out in japan but not sure yet. anyone hear the rentals tribute album? we did a track for it but it wasn't included from what I can tell - looks like they only put out a handful of the songs for some reason.

yes, and i heard the song you guys did. it was fantastamundo. its always good to hear star sing.

Zombie Don Ho

jvstin

i'm guessing it was "california" but they didn't include it. stupid move on their part.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

I Like Ozma

i was sworn to secrecy when it was given me, so if ryen wants to say what song it was then he can.

machatte

the canadian label that put it out is ...............

Джесси

Ronnie, I seem to remember you making a deal about how you listened to Ozma's cover of "California." I very well could be mistaking you for someone else, but I remember a discussion about this in one thread or another.

Ryen, I'd love to see "Kid Icarus" turn up again sometime in the future. I seem to remember it being played at the first Ozma show I attended, during the Reunion Tour. It has a massive amount of energy live - the live recording I have is fantastic. However, it'd be nice to have a polished version of it someday.

brad

So...someone post "California" in the repository.  Pretty please?  (Ryen is that ok?)

Martha Gail

ca_final.mp3

I was given permission to post it, but if Ryen says take it down, we'll take it down.
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

I Like Ozma

i do not remember "making a deal" about having the song. i think the only person i gave it to or told about it was elliott. but vanslegr fan was the one that gave it to me so maybe he was the one.

machatte

yeah, doesn't matter. feast on that track.

Джесси

Quote from: I Like TGB almost half as much as Ozma on May 10, 2008, 12:11:21 pm
i do not remember "making a deal" about having the song. i think the only person i gave it to or told about it was elliott. but vanslegr fan was the one that gave it to me so maybe he was the one.

My bad. I went back and read through the thread, noting that you never posted about having listened to it.

The cover is totally rad. I'm glad you posted it, Samantha, because I lost the track whenever I had to reformat my computer.

I Like Ozma

May 10, 2008, 04:21:10 pm #20 Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:22:19 pm by I Like TGB almost half as much as Ozma
its a good song. better than the original in my opinion. but i need to feast on MORE OZMA

Oatmeal

Yeah, I had the track for a little while as well. I had to swear to secrecy also.

Jeff42

"California" is great.  I've never heard the original version, actually.

Ianny

May 12, 2008, 12:26:50 pm #23 Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 06:19:13 pm by Ianny
"California" has me groovin'.  And when/if you post "Into Light," I shall be groovin' some more.  Don't worry, I will do so in the privacy of my own home, so no one has to see me groove.
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

The Other Mike

There's a few production touches that I don't care for in the california cover, but overall it's pretty good.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Rome

so many wimps on this board...

Kyosho

Okay, so, I downloaded the California cover back when it was first posted a week ago or whatever. I listened to it then and was like "Hm, not bad." I hadn't listened to it since then. Today I did and wow, I love it. I actually don't even know the original song, but man this is great.

Question: Who is singing along with Star throughout the song? Sometimes it sounds like Daniel, sometimes like Ryen. I can't tell. Maybe it's both at different parts. I don't know, but it sounds really really good. I definitely hear Ryen in the "california"s toward the end. That might be all three in those parts even. But I'm not sure about the rest of it. Anyways, yes, very good.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

heysarahsarah

You guys played this live before yes?  I seem to recall seeing setlists with California on it, which is why I was pretty sure that was the song.

Everything melds together after a while though.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Oatmeal

May 21, 2008, 12:03:44 pm #28 Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 12:05:52 pm by oatmeal
Yeah their live version should still be on YouTube. It sounded more like the original.

Plus Matt and Rachel sang it for them when they played it.