April 29, 2024, 09:11:06 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

It's Up! (OzmaOnline)

Started by Outlog, January 16, 2006, 04:21:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oatmeal

January 17, 2006, 02:39:41 pm #30 Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 01:05:03 pm by oatmeal
Quote from: I like ozma on January 17, 2006, 09:27:59 am
theyre not screamo, so i dont know if they will ever be able to be popular

Hey if itââ,¬â,,¢s really good it can still be popular. Not like Brittney spears, but popular. The Killers are not screamo and they are real good, in my opinion anyways. Hey Nirvana was different than the main stream at first were they not? I mean it may be slim, but not impossible. In the music system its mostly just clouds, but thereââ,¬â,,¢s always some kind of sun light that seems to shine through and past the clouds, .Thatââ,¬â,,¢s what Weezer did with the blue album, it changed my perspective of music. Hey I mean Ozma is good right?

The Other Mike

I suggest you read up on how major labels and popular radio works before you make any more speculations on  this matter.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

tom

it would be cool if they released something on brute/beaute, being that rilo kiley has major label connections and it wouldn't be a total jump to gayness, but like others have said, i think ozma could do more than fine with an indie/startup label.

aqotgg

word. i guess i feel that at this point they can't be anything else but successful.

I like ozma

i know ill listen to them whatever they decide to release music on.  (unless it just flat out sucks)

Not Jason

Quote from: oatmeal on January 17, 2006, 02:39:41 pm

Hey if its realy good it can still be popular.

Quality and popularity have absolutely no correlation at all.  None.  Neither one way nor the other.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

oatmeal

January 18, 2006, 11:58:45 am #36 Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 12:15:15 pm by oatmeal
Quote from: Not Jason on January 18, 2006, 10:44:25 am

Quality and popularity have absolutely no correlation at all.Ã,  None.Ã,  Neither one way nor the other.

Oh, then why did the blue ablum get popular? Do you think it got popular becuase it sounded like everything else but the quality had nothing to do with it? Do you think old weezer sucked? :o

The Other Mike

Quote from: oatmeal on January 18, 2006, 11:58:45 am

Quality and popularity have absolutely no correlation at all.  None.  Neither one way nor the other.

Oh, then why did the blue ablum get popular? Do you think it got popular becuase it sounded like everything else but the quality had nothing to do with it? Do you think old weezer sucked? :o

man... I swear you're someone else from the forum posting purposefully stupid things sometimes.

No correlation means that though some popular things may be good, not everything that is good will become popular and not everything that is popular will be good.

Not Jason

Quality and popularity have absolutely no correlation at all.Ã,  None.Ã,  Neither one way nor the other.

Weezer got popular because Geffen decided to sign some more random bands, post-Nirvana.  They got popular because they got hooked up with a great music video director who made something stocked with novelty value.  Do you think Weezer would have hit that level of fame if it wasn't for their videos?  If you do, you're mental.  It was lucky breaks, it was good marketing.  Quality was nearly incidental.  Hell, why not bring up the fact that Pinkerton was a flop initially?
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

oatmeal

January 18, 2006, 12:36:04 pm #39 Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 01:02:07 pm by oatmeal
Quote from: The Other Mike on January 18, 2006, 12:20:52 pm

man... I swear you're someone else from the forum posting purposefully stupid things sometimes.

No correlation means that though some popular things may be good, not everything that is good will become popular and not everything that is popular will be good.

Correct. I said earlier its a possibility because Ozma is good. However the chances are slim. I never said they will get big because they are good. I personally think they will only get some bigger in the Indie crowd and thatââ,¬â,,¢s it.

PS: Jason I said the chances are small why do I have to keep on repeating this?(I guess it cus I cant spell  ;D) Earlier I told you guys you were wrong because you were acting as if it was impossible. What if another fluke happens? What if a record company takes a chance?

Its not likely but its possible, Its not likely but its possible, Its not likely but its possible, Its not likely but its possible, Its not likely but its possible, Its not likely but its possible,.................................. ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:awhellnah: :heh:

The Other Mike

uh, I do read your posts... unfortunately you seem to be functionally illiterate.  Perhaps take some time to work on grammar, spelling, and structure before criticizing people for not reading your posts.

noonchild

The light cast dark shadows all around me

oatmeal

Quote from: The Other Mike on January 18, 2006, 12:54:32 pm
uh, I do read your posts... unfortunately you seem to be functionally illiterate.Ã,  Perhaps take some time to work on grammar, spelling, and structure before criticizing people for not reading your posts.

Ha-ha, yeah probably I should look over what I Wright. My bad, my apologies. Letââ,¬â,,¢s call it truths, no more arguing over crap. Im just just relax and see the greatness of Ozma's music however it happens.

+1 noonchild

Quote from: oatmeal on January 18, 2006, 01:15:49 pm

Im just just relax and see the greatness of Ozma's music however it happens.

I don't care what the rest of you say, this guy is brilliant.Ã,  Check out my new signature!

noonchild

+1 noonchild

That wasn't directed towards mike, just this whole argument in general.  He happened to reply as I was replying. 
The light cast dark shadows all around me

kitten

uh, I do read your posts... unfortunately you seem to be functionally illiterate.Ã,  Perhaps take some time to work on grammar, spelling, and structure before criticizing people for not reading your posts.

Ha-ha, yeah probably I should look over what I Wright. My bad, my apologies. Letââ,¬â,,¢s call it truths, no more arguing over crap. Im just just relax and see the greatness of Ozma's music however it happens.

+1 noonchild

i'm not criticizing you or anything, but it's truce.  you call a truce.  not truths. 

The Other Mike

Quote from: srm006 on January 18, 2006, 02:17:32 pm

I don't care what the rest of you say, this guy is brilliant.  Check out my new signature!

I would have picked

"ozma could make TV for a while and number could about them, myabee even better."

but that's just me.

oatmeal

January 18, 2006, 05:53:21 pm #47 Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 05:55:58 pm by oatmeal
Quote from: marm on January 18, 2006, 03:30:46 pm
uh, I do read your posts... unfortunately you seem to be functionally illiterate.  Perhaps take some time to work on grammar, spelling, and structure before criticizing people for not reading your posts.

+1 noonchild

i'm not criticizing you or anything, but it's truce.  you call a truce.  not truths. 

Lol, thanks for preventing me me for feuture embarrassment, yeah im pretty bad with english. Yeah thanks for not doing that an a critical manner, I already get enough of that in life, and a little to much on the board.
+1 for not being a jerk. 

Quote from: The Other Mike on January 18, 2006, 04:41:34 pm
Quote from: srm006 on January 18, 2006, 02:17:32 pm

I don't care what the rest of you say, this guy is brilliant. Check out my new signature!

I would have picked

"ozma could make TV for a while and number could about them, myabee even better."

but that's just me.

:)

jvstin

this is fucking stupid.

if you enjoy making fun of and belittling people who don't speak your language so well (...ONLINE...on a MESSAGE BOARD), then i reserve the right to seriously call you guys assholes. at first, it didn't strike me as anything serious... but now you guys are really letting him have it.

i mean, the guy freaking APOLOGIZES for his disability and you still choose to rip on him. maybe indirectly... but on a FUCKING MESSAGE BOARD where he can see it.

in all seriousness, go to hell. and if you don't believe in it, that's fine. die prematurely.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

malcolm

"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." -- Crowfoot

kitten

what's he saying?  i can't quite make that out.

jvstin

i think "shut the fuck up"

am i right am i right???
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

January 18, 2006, 07:55:09 pm #52 Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:44:55 pm by srm006
I hope you're not talking about me.Ã,  Oatmeal and I are tight now. ;DÃ,  Despite the language barrier, I think his true love and respect for Ozma is really quite apparent.Ã,  And that is the ONLY thing that will matter in this new era of rock.

Rock on Ozma, Rock on Oatmeal.

unfilmstill

Quote from: ^_^ on January 18, 2006, 06:26:19 pm
this is fucking stupid.

if you enjoy making fun of and belittling people who don't speak your language so well (...ONLINE...on a MESSAGE BOARD), then i reserve the right to seriously call you guys assholes. at first, it didn't strike me as anything serious... but now you guys are really letting him have it.

i mean, the guy freaking APOLOGIZES for his disability and you still choose to rip on him. maybe indirectly... but on a FUCKING MESSAGE BOARD where he can see it.

in all seriousness, go to hell. and if you don't believe in it, that's fine. die prematurely.

thank you so much. this has made me really sad.
oatmeal, to tell you the truth i've never noticed grammer mistakes in your posts because i read everything so quickly.
i think you're pretty cool and its good to have you around here.
:)

Rome

i share noonchild's sentiment onthis one. and maybe malcolm.

oatmeal

Wow thanks for all of this support guys. It makes me feel great. +1 +1 +1... (contenued for a couple minutes) All of you guys are awesome, all of you.

Yeah if if any of you want rare ozma, spacetwins, that dog, the rentals, weezer, and so on I have Aim and open my get file to every one. If it dose not work aim me and ill fix it.   Aim-Oatmeal5001

malcolm

"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." -- Crowfoot

kitten

simpleton

sweet, and now back to topic.

mua, simpleton for mod!!

Rome

I think Ozma will get signed on with one of the UMG labels...