April 29, 2024, 09:14:40 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

the elected

Started by savewhatyouare, January 20, 2006, 10:35:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

savewhatyouare

is daniel still gonna play with the elected? their new album comes out next tuesday and they have shows coming up around the LA area. oh, and someone on the elected forums is talking trash about ozma. go castrate him.

I like ozma

at the yes dear show in october, on a speak easy performance flyer it said "formerly of the elected"

The Other Mike

Though dan plays on both Elected albums, he hasn't toured with them at all (as far as I know).  I would doubt that he will be playing live with them, but who knows?
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

drew

i think he played a couple of shows promoting "me first" but i doubt he plays live w/ them this time at all. but if you haven't heard any of their stuff you should check it out. it is Samuel! sun, sun, sun is just perfect- everyone should buy it!
-drew

patty

January 20, 2006, 02:07:06 pm #4 Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 06:46:00 pm by patty
he told me last night he'd be at the elected show on saturday.

so i'd say thats a yes. yes he is.

edit: it should be noted that the show is over 300 miles from his home if it helps put it into perspective.

Not Jason

I'm a little confused that he'd be on all the recordings, yet not the standard touring bassist.  It seems kind of silly.  It seems like, by the second album, they'd just be using the touring bassist on the records.  Unless he sucks or something.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

patty

i think someone else also recorded bass.
and i think thats the person that typically toured with them.
the name escapes me at the moment though.

tom

i think dan gets all the credit on the CD booklet...but i could be wrong

Not Jason

Last month I was in the record store and I thought the music playing sounded familiar, and sure enough it was the new Elected CD, in promo copy form.  So I asked Sarah if I could see the case, and on the promo copy, DB was the only one listed.  Of course, that's just the promo copy.
I am the baseball.

patty

i might be thinking of the "Mike Runion" listed on thier myspace...but i swear i heard/read about it somewhere else.

Dan said he was going to be playing shows for The Elected THIS January.  I don't know if that happened already or not, and I don't know if it answers your question, but Dan DID say he was playing for them prior to this Jan.

patty

elected shows for january:
january 20 - somewhere in la --past
january 21 - san francisco --present
january 24 - seattle --future

evanismyname

He was definitely there  last night, mohawk and all.

tom

Quote from: evanismyname on January 21, 2006, 07:42:32 am
He was definitely thereÃ,  last night, mohawk and all.
pics plz...unless of course you are kidding.

patty

he wasnt kidding.
he played last night too.
my drunka ss forgot my camera in the car.
my bitchy sister would only let me stay for an hour, and since blake took FOREVER to set up, that meant i could only see about 4 songs.
of what  i did see...it was nice.

Indoor Fireworks

Quote from: patty on January 22, 2006, 04:44:55 pm
he wasnt kidding.
he played last night too.
my drunka ss forgot my camera in the car.
my bitchy sister would only let me stay for an hour, and since blake took FOREVER to set up, that meant i could only see about 4 songs.
of whatÃ,  i did see...it was nice.

Wow, I don't even really like the Elected, but that really sucks that you had to leave in the middle of a show... I hate your sister.

Jonathan
You have balls. I like balls.

I like ozma

i wanna see them play "greetings in braille"

evanismyname

Quote from: I like ozma on January 23, 2006, 10:20:33 am
i wanna see them play "greetings in braille"
I was really looking forward to it, but they ended up rushing through it with blake a little less than pleased at the fact that they had to start the previous song over several times due to a faulty piano.

Zombie Don Ho

On the bright side, they'll be playing a set on Morning Becomes Eclectic on thursday... and typically KCRW puts up video.

like so:
http://www.kcrw.com/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?tmplt_type=program&show_code=mb

Hopefully Dan will be present.

I like ozma

does daniel brummel have any share in writing any of the elected's songs?

patty

according the the new cd booklet, no.

at least not lyrically.

patty

you can watch or listen to the elected (with dan) on a previous edition of "Morning Becomes Electic" here

http://www.kcrw.com/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?show_code=mb&air_date=1/26/06&tmplt_type=show

note: real player needed.

Zombie Don Ho

You can also watch Blake's creepy mustache. It's pretty great.

The Other Mike

Quote from: patty on January 27, 2006, 07:10:36 pm
you can watch or listen to the elected (with dan) on a previous edition of "Morning Becomes Electic" here

http://www.kcrw.com/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?show_code=mb&air_date=1/26/06&tmplt_type=show

that was really good, thanks for the link.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

oatmeal

Quote from: The Other Mike on January 29, 2006, 05:35:27 am
Quote from: patty on January 27, 2006, 07:10:36 pm

that was really good, thanks for the link.

Not Jason

I got an interresting bulleton on myspace from the elected.  i live several billion miles away so it's useless to me, but people in the southern california area might wanna check it out.
I am the baseball.

yoshigaki

Ahaha, oh man.  That mustache is hilarious.

Seb

"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

drew

thanks for that link. i'd kill to see the elected!
-drew

oatmeal

somebody notify the police!