May 17, 2024, 02:26:32 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Poll: Song you most wanted to hear that wasn't played this week

Started by Jeff42, March 17, 2006, 11:01:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What song that Ozma didn't play this week did you most want to hear?

Lorraine
5 (9.1%)
Los Angeles
9 (16.4%)
Iceland
7 (12.7%)
Apple Trees
6 (10.9%)
The Ups and Downs
1 (1.8%)
If I Only Had a Heart
1 (1.8%)
Last Dance
3 (5.5%)
Maybe in an Alternate Dimension
4 (7.3%)
Immigration Song
3 (5.5%)
Continental Drift
10 (18.2%)
Your Name
0 (0%)
Come Home Andrea
1 (1.8%)
Bad Dogs
0 (0%)
Curve in the Old 1-9
1 (1.8%)
Light Years Will Burn
3 (5.5%)
Other
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Jeff42

My choice would be "Los Angeles" because it would have been appropriate for the reunion and it seems like it would be a really good live song with good crowd participation.Ã,  My next choices would be "Apple Trees" because it's my favorite Ozma song that they didn't play and "Immigration Song" for Jose singing.

I like ozma

i messaged ozma everyday on myspace to play "maybe in an alternate dimension" and they didnt play it. i talked to jose after the show and he said they learned it, but daniel didnt want to do it

Quote from: Jeff42 on March 17, 2006, 11:01:39 am
My choice would be "Los Angeles" because it would have been appropriate for the reunion and it seems like it would be a really good live song with good crowd participation.Ã,  My next choices would be "Apple Trees" because it's my favorite Ozma song that they didn't play and "Immigration Song" for Jose singing.

I totally agree.Ã,  When I mentioned that Los Angeles and Immigration were my two favorites, I got weird looks. :P

edit:  I was thrilled that they played Bootymaster though, as that's my other favorite.

cesarsalad

oatmeal

I havent listened to that song for a while. Hmmm. I kinda of forgot about it.

antiuser

Me and a couple other guys were right by the stage while ozma were setting up, we were singing Lorraine and Iceland... Jose said they didn't practice either, though...

kitten

i actually think they may have played them at soundcheck.  we were invited, i believe for the sole purpose of hearing lorraine, but we opted to stay home and cook for dylan instead.  maybe not iceland, but LA and lorraine.

Fantastic Max

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

k24

default_anon

My girlfriend says the intro reminds her of the Hokey Pokey.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Like I Ozma on March 19, 2006, 10:01:27 pm
Quote from: cesarsalad on March 19, 2006, 08:58:53 pm
Quote from: ozmacity on March 18, 2006, 01:52:43 am
Los Angeles is not good.

no, wrong

its not the best, but its good. i dont like the intro too much
"Iceland" is sooo much better, and for the solo alone. It's completely badass.
-Donkey Lips

heysarahsarah

Los Angeles is not good.

no, wrong

Well, it's not a terrible song, but it's more fun than good.

But I don't know if we've had much musical agreement. 

Suffice it to say, I tend to like more of the work they wrote as they got older, even if I still enjoyed their early stuff. 
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: heysarahsarah on March 20, 2006, 10:35:23 pm
Los Angeles is not good.

no, wrong

Well, it's not a terrible song, but it's more fun than good.

But I don't know if we've had much musical agreement.Ã, 

Suffice it to say, I tend to like more of the work they wrote as they got older, even if I still enjoyed their early stuff.Ã, 
And although I love all of Ozma's music(short of Cuatro/Ocho), Rock&Roll Part 3 still remains to be my favorite.
-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

rock and roll part three used to be my favorite, until i really listened to spending time

TinTin

I was surprised that they didn't play You Know the Story... one of my concert favorites.

Tri$tan

I am SO MAD they didn't play coffee shop girl. I put it on a mix for my exgirlfriend and she LOVED IT. I think its their best track.
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

Jeff42

Quote from: TinTin on March 23, 2006, 08:03:18 am
I was surprised that they didn't play You Know the Story... one of my concert favorites.
They did, on the 13th.

I like ozma

Quote from: Jeff42 on March 23, 2006, 10:34:35 am
Quote from: TinTin on March 23, 2006, 08:03:18 am
They did, on the 13th.

did they play landing after?

sadmachine

more people should be into "light years will burn." that song is epic.

I like ozma

March 23, 2006, 07:15:29 pm #24 Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 09:09:42 pm by <3 Satisfaction <3
Quote from: I ozma like on March 23, 2006, 06:39:49 pm
im into it, not really into the long ending though

I think the ending is brilliant.

If you think it about it, it bridges the gap between old and new OZMA.Ã,  It's somewhat of an emptiness left at the end of their last album.Ã,  It symbolizes the time that there was no OZMA.Ã,  However, it's not truly a void--not pure emptiness/silence--because there was still that undying OZMA pulse beating on into the future.Ã,  I'd say it's some remarkable foreshadowing.Ã,  I mean, just one minute of repetitive beeping that doesn't actually change or conclude;Ã, I feel like a fool that I actually thought OZMA was gone forever.Ã,  That might have been the "end" of STotBL, but it was only a dormant stage of OZMA.

What OZMA SHOULD do (OZMA, read this, and then do it:) is start their new album with a small clip from that ending (just like 1 measure, 4 beats, whatever).Ã,  And then quickly build it up into one of their new songs until the sound is gone/unrecognizable.Ã,  That would be an Samuel way to tie it all together.Ã,  To show that OZMA was never "gone", just in the timeless process of change.Ã,  The energy of the band kept on beating into the future, although the members shortly parted, but now they're back to kick some ass.  It would be apparent enough that the fans would actually make the connection and figure out the symbolism on their own.

Really, how fucking awesome would that be?

FireAarro

Quote from: <3 Satisfaction <3 on March 23, 2006, 07:15:29 pm

If you think it about it, it bridges the gap between old and new OZMA.  It's somewhat of an emptiness left at the end of their last album.  It symbolizes the time that there was no OZMA.  However, it's not truly a void--not pure emptiness/silence--because there was still that undying OZMA pulse beating on into the future.  I'd say it's some remarkable foreshadowing.  I mean, just one minute of repetitive beeping that doesn't actually change or conclude; I feel like a fool that I actually thought OZMA was gone forever.  That might have been the "end" of STotBL, but it was only a dormant stage of OZMA.

What OZMA SHOULD do (OZMA, read this, and then do it:) is start their new album with a small clip from that ending (just like 1 measure, 4 beats, whatever).  And then quickly build it up into one of their new songs until the sound is gone/unrecognizable.  That would be an Samuel way to tie it all together.  To show that OZMA was never "gone", just in the timeless process of change.  The energy of the band kept on beating into the future, although the members shortly parted, but now they're back to kick some ass.  It would be apparent enough that the fans would actually make the connection and figure out the symbolism on their own.

erm...
I agree that the idea would be awesome, but all of the theory behind it is just

Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

I like ozma

If you think it about it, it bridges the gap between old and new OZMA.Ã,  It's somewhat of an emptiness left at the end of their last album.Ã,  It symbolizes the time that there was no OZMA.Ã,  However, it's not truly a void--not pure emptiness/silence--because there was still that undying OZMA pulse beating on into the future.Ã,  I'd say it's some remarkable foreshadowing.Ã,  I mean, just one minute of repetitive beeping that doesn't actually change or conclude;Ã, I feel like a fool that I actually thought OZMA was gone forever.Ã,  That might have been the "end" of STotBL, but it was only a dormant stage of OZMA.

What OZMA SHOULD do (OZMA, read this, and then do it:) is start their new album with a small clip from that ending (just like 1 measure, 4 beats, whatever).Ã,  And then quickly build it up into one of their new songs until the sound is gone/unrecognizable.Ã,  That would be an Samuel way to tie it all together.Ã,  To show that OZMA was never "gone", just in the timeless process of change.Ã,  The energy of the band kept on beating into the future, although the members shortly parted, but now they're back to kick some ass.Ã,  It would be apparent enough that the fans would actually make the connection and figure out the symbolism on their own.

it was awesome til you said the f word.

Cade

If you think it about it, it bridges the gap between old and new OZMA.  It's somewhat of an emptiness left at the end of their last album.  It symbolizes the time that there was no OZMA.  However, it's not truly a void--not pure emptiness/silence--because there was still that undying OZMA pulse beating on into the future.  I'd say it's some remarkable foreshadowing.  I mean, just one minute of repetitive beeping that doesn't actually change or conclude; I feel like a fool that I actually thought OZMA was gone forever.  That might have been the "end" of STotBL, but it was only a dormant stage of OZMA.

What OZMA SHOULD do (OZMA, read this, and then do it:) is start their new album with a small clip from that ending (just like 1 measure, 4 beats, whatever).  And then quickly build it up into one of their new songs until the sound is gone/unrecognizable.  That would be an Samuel way to tie it all together.  To show that OZMA was never "gone", just in the timeless process of change.  The energy of the band kept on beating into the future, although the members shortly parted, but now they're back to kick some ass.  It would be apparent enough that the fans would actually make the connection and figure out the symbolism on their own.

but without any beat to symbolize pat no longer being part of the band

Jeff42