May 16, 2024, 05:03:41 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Star's Ethnicity

Started by Fantastic Max, April 07, 2006, 11:38:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TinTin

Quote from: <3 Satisfaction <3 on April 09, 2006, 07:11:11 am
I'm intrigued by Katherine.Ã,  Does anyone know anything else about her?Ã,  Not in regards to Ozma--just in general?Ã,  A google search of her name in quotes yields some interesting stuff.

For some reason, I'm always fascinated by the people who quit a band before the band "took off."Ã,  To me, I see it as a piece of a band remaining stationary--remaining at one point in time--while the rest of the band progresses and grows.Ã,  I feel like that person becomes the only connection to an original state of a band which no longer exists while the rest of it's members continue with it.Ã,  My favorite example is the original bassist of Queen, who quit the band because he didn't feel it was going anywhere.Ã,  Anyway, that's all.Ã,  Just wondering about her.

Yeah...Ã,  Katherine didn't "quit" the band if I remember correctly.Ã,  She was asked to leave.Ã,  She was horrible on the keys...Ã,  anybody who saw the video of Ozma's first performance at the Whiskey can attest...Ã,  the band was visibly cringing everytime she f'ed up on the keys...Ã,  especially on their cover of Peter Schilling's "Major Tom."Ã,  Very painful indeed.Ã, 

whoa snap.  video of first performance?  so now tell me about this.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: <3 Satisfaction <3 on April 10, 2006, 11:17:31 pm
whoa snap.Ã,  video of first performance?Ã,  so now tell me about this.
I second that..Do tell.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Not Jason

Quote from: TinTin on April 10, 2006, 11:13:12 pm
Quote from: <3 Satisfaction <3 on April 09, 2006, 07:11:11 am
I'm intrigued by Katherine.Ã,  Does anyone know anything else about her?Ã,  Not in regards to Ozma--just in general?Ã,  A google search of her name in quotes yields some interesting stuff.

For some reason, I'm always fascinated by the people who quit a band before the band "took off."Ã,  To me, I see it as a piece of a band remaining stationary--remaining at one point in time--while the rest of the band progresses and grows.Ã,  I feel like that person becomes the only connection to an original state of a band which no longer exists while the rest of it's members continue with it.Ã,  My favorite example is the original bassist of Queen, who quit the band because he didn't feel it was going anywhere.Ã,  Anyway, that's all.Ã,  Just wondering about her.

Yeah...Ã,  Katherine didn't "quit" the band if I remember correctly.Ã,  She was asked to leave.Ã,  She was horrible on the keys...Ã,  anybody who saw the video of Ozma's first performance at the Whiskey can attest...Ã,  the band was visibly cringing everytime she f'ed up on the keys...Ã,  especially on their cover of Peter Schilling's "Major Tom."Ã,  Very painful indeed.Ã, 

I'd go so far as to suppose you're one of very very very few people here who has seen this.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

wasnt she born in kenya?

TinTin

Quote from: ozmacity on April 11, 2006, 12:57:26 am
Quote from: <3 Satisfaction <3 on April 10, 2006, 11:17:31 pm
whoa snap.Ã,  video of first performance?Ã,  so now tell me about this.
I second that..Do tell.

I guess I should have been more specific...  it wasn't their first performance EVER.  It was their first performance AT the Whiskey (although now I'm not sure if they've ever played there again after that show).  It was, though, pretty early in their career and it was their first "big" gig.  Mostly friends and classmates from La Salle High School went.  The Whiskey filmed the performance. 

ozmadoodle

I think Ozma's first ever public performance outside of their high school was at No Future Cafe late 1996.  A friend of the band, big boy Robert  B., happened to own a camcorder and video taped their inagural show attended mostly by their classmates, close friends and relatives of course.  No one except the band members have a copy of this tape. 

After several months, they played at The Whiskey for the first time.  The second time they set foot on the Whiskey stage was when they opened for Weezer.  IMHO their best performance ever on stage.  Unfortunately, no one was able to tape this show because of weezer's strict rules.  They have not played at Whiskey since then.

iceh2o

whoa I never knew she was Korean. I'm Korean!