April 29, 2024, 09:24:01 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Back To The Future

Started by gloom-glaam, May 31, 2006, 03:25:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Jason

Quote from: Samuel <3 OZMA on June 13, 2006, 03:41:28 pm
Seriously though guys, (I think this is on topic):Ã,  How many of you have been on the Back To The Future RIDE @ Universal Hollywood?Ã,  I wonder if Ozma will ever write a song about the ride??Ã,  I have a photo of me in front of the actual Delorean! --or so they claim.Ã,  Ã, It probably says that same shit in Florida.Ã, 

I'm assuming Ozma has been on that ride, so that's cool too.

I LOVE THAT RIDE!!!

well, there was no delorian in florida when I was there (at least not the last time I was there, probably mid nineties), but they did have this (circa 91 I think):

You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

FireAarro

Seriously though guys, (I think this is on topic):  How many of you have been on the Back To The Future RIDE @ Universal Hollywood?  I wonder if Ozma will ever write a song about the ride??  I have a photo of me in front of the actual Delorean! --or so they claim.   It probably says that same shit in Florida. 

I LOVE THAT RIDE!!!

I've been on that ride, I dunno if it was there though. I was like 3. I have some coin souvenier from it.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Samuel <3 OZMA

Quote from: Not Jason on June 13, 2006, 05:15:44 pm
Seriously though guys, (I think this is on topic):Ã,  How many of you have been on the Back To The Future RIDE @ Universal Hollywood?Ã,  I wonder if Ozma will ever write a song about the ride??Ã,  I have a photo of me in front of the actual Delorean! --or so they claim.Ã,  Ã, It probably says that same shit in Florida.Ã, 

I LOVE THAT RIDE!!!

well, there was no delorian in florida when I was there (at least not the last time I was there, probably mid nineties), but they did have this (circa 91 I think):

Holy shit!!Ã,  Where was this?Ã,  At Universal???Ã,  I know Universal in Orlando got the BTTF ride much later than in L.A.Ã,  If I had to guess I'd say it was around 93 or 94... :/Ã,  But I dunno-- but the one in L.A. was definitely there in 1991/1992.

Anyway, I didn't know they had the train down there!Ã,  I'm so jealous!

I'd post the photo of me in L.A. in front of the delorean, but I look like a girl and I'm so pale you'd all flip out.

My tie in with Ozma here: The photo of me in 2000 in front of the BTTF Delorean was taken just 3 days BEFORE I got back from L.A. and heard my first Ozma song. Ã, Little did I know how powerfully OZMA would connect to my previous BTTF fascinations. Ã, It was as if the flux capacitor is not only what makes time travel possible, but what makes my very life have the significance that it does. Ã, When I look at the photo (which I'm too embarrassed to post), it briefly makes me short of breath; the idea that I'm looking at a version of myself before I knew Ozma and all it's wonder is frightening, but enlightening. Ã, Could the ticking hands of the clock have really been all that kept me from OZMA until 2000? Ã, Is it that I always knew the band? --just not yet. Ã, Certainly, that's what it feels like.
Perhaps time is nothing more than many curtains, waiting patiently for the gusts of the Earth's rotations to blow them away-- off of the curtain rods to display the truths that have forever been there-- but inevitably shrouded in mystery.Ã,  Until one day, my friends.Ã,  Until one day.

Not Jason

That's me and my sister in Orlando.  I was in third grade at the time that trip was made, and since we always went to Florida in the spring, that probably would have been spring of 1992.  I am pretty sure that at the time of that photo the Back to the Future ride did exist.  I know for a fact the ride was there in 1995.
I am the baseball.

lonely_hearts

I have a photo of me in front of the actual Delorean! --or so they claim. It probably says that same shit in Florida.

There was a DeLorean in Orlando May 2003. I can't recall if it was the DeLorean, though.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Bob511 on June 13, 2006, 04:58:55 pm
The fact that you can see the other cars on the ride kind of ruins it, too.
Yeah, that ride did, in fact, suck balls. It's crappier than Star Tours, but at least Star Tours is classic, and I feel compelled to go on it everytime.

But anyways..yeah, the cars in front of you thing..that's pretty bad.
But then again, I went like midway through highschool, so the wonder and hype were gone, I guess.
Jurrasic Park was pretty kickin, though. ET sucked balls too. You're like on a huge bike that holds like 5 people or so..so bad.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Not Jason

i liked the bttf ride.  so long as you don't lean forward and look sideways you don't really see the other cars.  it's not like ET or something where it's impossible to suspend any disbelief at all.  I've always looked for some way to fit the events from that ride into normal bttf continuity.
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

yeah i liked it better, plus youre not stuck with 20 other people you dont know, just 3 or 4

savewhatyouare

im quite sad that they tore down ET to make room for Mummy. ET was classic. I loved the video with Speilberg in the beginning, advertising that AT&T card that they dont pass out anymore. I also loved how during the final days of the ride, they kept screwing up the names ET says at the end.

i heard the mummy is kicking though.

Fantastic Max

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Bob511

Quote from: ozmacity on June 15, 2006, 09:46:30 amYeah, that ride did, in fact, suck balls. It's crappier than Star Tours, but at least Star Tours is classic, and I feel compelled to go on it everytime.
Star Tours is pretty awesome, but at least in Anaheim the video they use is very well-worn, blurry, and the audio muddy, so the ride is definitely showing its age.  Switching from whatever fifteen-year-old video cassette they use now to a digital projector with a restored print, and revamping the approach a bit would go a long ways.  Now that Space Mountain is renovated, I can't imagine Tours is all that far behind.

Still one of my favorite and most immersive rides at the park.

noonchild

I'd be willing to bet i've ridden on Star Tours well over 50 times and never sat in the front rowÃ,  :'(
The light cast dark shadows all around me

noonchild

The light cast dark shadows all around me

Jeff42

I like ozma