Ozma Survivor: Spending Time On the Borderline, Round 4!

Started by Fantastic Max, August 05, 2006, 01:54:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which song should LEAVE the OFF Island next?

Spending Time
0 (0%)
Utsukushii Shibuya
9 (33.3%)
Turtleneck Coverup
2 (7.4%)
Game Over
1 (3.7%)
Curve in the Old 1-9
7 (25.9%)
Restart
1 (3.7%)
Wake Up
0 (0%)
Eponine
4 (14.8%)
Light Years Will Burn
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: August 10, 2006, 08:59:43 am

Fantastic Max

August 05, 2006, 01:54:06 am Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 09:00:13 am by imatreeandurnot
Guess Andrea never quite made it home.. :-\

4 days, cause I can't go back and edit the duration, apparently.

mod edit: 4 days instead of 1 :)
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

FireAarro

August 05, 2006, 04:18:18 am #1 Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 05:26:49 am by FireAarro
aw what. i should've voted.

edit:i can't decide between lightyears and shibuya
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

gloom-glaam

malcolm

why don't people like lightyears? its easily one of ozma's best
the only thing i could potentially see annoying with this song is its long outro, but on an album perspective it fits, especially considoring the theme of the album
seriously, feedback
"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." -- Crowfoot

gloom-glaam

tghe last minute where pretty much nothing happens at all just the same little thing over and over again hurts the song's overality.

funwithsponges

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on August 05, 2006, 08:44:59 am
tghe last minute where pretty much nothing happens at all just the same little thing over and over again hurts the song's overality.

It's the last song on the album.  You can just hit stop, you know.  Think of it as a "radio edit".

gloom-glaam

REALLY?!?!?!? I had no idea! Well if i can just ignore everything I don't like about it then it's easily my favorite

funwithsponges

I just don't really understand how the last minute of silence on an album can really detract all that much from the rest of the song.  If it were in the middle of the cd, yeah sure.  But it's not.  How many people even listen to that last minute of silence, except the first time they bought the cd?

gloom-glaam

Because I listen to it on the computer in a different playlist or I shuffle my C.D. I can't see how anyone couldn't consider that, If this was 10 years ago, yeah sure, but it's not. How many poeple ONLY listen to albums in order anyways?

lonely_hearts

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on August 05, 2006, 12:21:54 pm
Because I listen to it on the computer in a different playlist or I shuffle my C.D. I can't see how anyone couldn't consider that, If this was 10 years ago, yeah sure, but it's not. How many poeple ONLY listen to albums in order anyways?

I agree, but on iTunes you can edit the song options and indicate a specific time for the song to end in order to cut out any silence or whatever else you don't want to hear at the end of a song.

gloom-glaam

funwithsponges

August 05, 2006, 02:49:33 pm #11 Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 02:54:15 pm by funwithsponges
Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on August 05, 2006, 12:21:54 pm
How many poeple ONLY listen to albums in order anyways?

:wave:

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that there is a next track button.  You're right; it ISN'T ten years ago, most of our music is digital now.  Imagine if we only had tapes!

And frankly, I agree with you a lot.  I think the long drawn out silence before a hidden track can be annoying.  But I don't see why that matters in a survivor-type competition comparing all the tracks on one single album like this.

gloom-glaam

I think it matters beccause I like it less making me want to get rid of it sooner(barely, but sooner nonetheless)

FireAarro

I just don't think it's as good as the other songs. It's a pretty even album though, on the whole. I'm hard pressed here.

edit: it's just one of those albums where you think "hmm this song isn't that good" if you haven't listened to the album for a while, but then you listen to that song and you go "oh wow it is actually good"
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Rome

Fantastic Max

Never thought Curve would go this soon...a tie though..nice.
-Donkey Lips

imatreeandurnot

Turtleneck Coverup is probably the weakest song on the album
YET YOU PEOPLE DO NOT REALIZE THIS

gloom-glaam

yoshigaki

Quote from: imatreeandurnot on August 06, 2006, 09:01:40 am

I fail to see how it is any weaker than Bad Dogs.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: imatreeandurnot on August 06, 2006, 09:01:40 am
I love the whole ending, beginning with the "Video cameras in the trees.." part..it's great. And the holding of that long "yeeeaaahh" at the end, and Dan doing his part simultaneously.

It's like a good "Rocks"(in it's peppy-sense). Not that I hate Rocks, it just gets annoying from time to time.
-Donkey Lips