April 29, 2024, 09:02:51 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

daniel = ozma ?????

Started by butterfly, September 13, 2006, 01:53:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gloom-glaam

I've only heard it don't come easy, and it's pretty awesome.

I like ozma

dont pass me by is good. although its a beatles song. and also on let it be naked's "fly on the wall" "carolina" sounds like it would have been an awesome song, but i never heard a real version, unless he recorded it later and ive just never heard it

NewYorkerNick

To reply on the whole argument of who makes ozma... Come on guys ozma makes ozma. It wouldn't be ozma without all of them together expressing their own styles together as one.

...and everyone knows that Kenn Shane MAKES ozma.

:)

Funny quote of the week:
"anyways, if you want to keep arguing about how the mae shi sucks, go for it.  Just know that you are wrong."
-The Other Mike

butterfly

Quote from: NewYorkerNick on September 20, 2006, 09:46:51 pm
To reply on the whole argument of who makes ozma... Come on guys ozma makes ozma. It wouldn't be ozma without all of them together expressing their own styles together as one.

kenn shane...dude, listen to the demos and live shows, that man barely make a perfect drum roll at times

NewYorkerNick

I was joking since the drumming in Ozma is pretty basic but I'm sure he feels much better that you said that... dude.

Funny quote of the week:
"anyways, if you want to keep arguing about how the mae shi sucks, go for it.  Just know that you are wrong."
-The Other Mike

FireAarro

Quote from: butterfly on September 20, 2006, 11:00:05 pm
Quote from: NewYorkerNick on September 20, 2006, 09:46:51 pm

kenn shane...dude, listen to the demos and live shows, that man barely make a perfect drum roll at times

I think he drives the music much more than pat though.. I haven't listened for a while, but I think Kenn has more of a driving style, Pat kinda drags most the time.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

brad

kenn does the backups on "i wonder".

thats freakin cool.

I like ozma

no its not because everyone knows RYEN AND JOSE do daniels backup vocals, not the drummer

kitten

Quote from: I like ozma. on September 22, 2006, 11:26:04 am
no its not because everyone knows RYEN AND JOSE do daniels backup vocals, not the drummer

was that a joke?  hipsun is a friend of kenn's.  i'm pretty sure he knows.

brad

it is cool because kenn brings more than just drumming (which pat brought to ozma)

those background vocals are kenn.

The Other Mike

Quote from: Marm on September 22, 2006, 12:02:44 pm

was that a joke?

I wouldn't bet on it.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

tis not mike other

Quote from: The Other Mike on September 22, 2006, 03:08:15 pm

was that a joke?

I wouldn't bet on it.
I guess you still dont get I Like Ozma's humor yet. :(

The Other Mike

Quote from: =Oatmeal= on September 22, 2006, 04:26:09 pm

was that a joke?

I wouldn't bet on it.

Oh sure, I get that it was an attempt at a joke, but i don't think it quite qualifies.

I like ozma

Quote from: The Other Mike on September 22, 2006, 04:42:28 pm
Quote from: =Oatmeal= on September 22, 2006, 04:26:09 pm

was that a joke?

I wouldn't bet on it.

Oh sure, I get that it was an attempt at a joke, but i don't think it quite qualifies.

my no its not was directed at the fact that it is "freakin cool"

tis not mike other

was that a joke?  hipsun is a friend of kenn's.  i'm pretty sure he knows.
Ok, I was wrong. I found out what "i like ozma's" opinion was:

He did think that Ken sang backup in the song. He thought it would be cooler if the original backup singers for Daniels ozma songs, Ryen and Jose to, were sing back up rather than Ken.

brad

all i was saying was how it was cool that kenn brought another dynamic to the band, rather then just drums.

Not Jason

Quote from: =Oatmeal= on September 22, 2006, 07:11:43 pm

was that a joke?Ã,  hipsun is a friend of kenn's.Ã,  i'm pretty sure he knows.
Ok, I was wrong. I found out what "i like ozma's" opinion was:

He did think that Ken sang backup in the song. He thought it would be cooler if the original backup singers for Daniels ozma songs, Ryen and Jose to, were sing back up rather than Ken.

which is what I gathered to begin with, and I still think it's a bit fucked.  What exactly is your reasoning, I Like Ozma, for hating anything Ozma does that is not in strict alignment with what Ozma did before the break up?  Your flimsy arguments about song quality at least make some degree of sense (even if I think you're completely off-base), but not wanting Ken to sing for the sole reason that he never sang on classic ozma songs (for obvious reasons) is a bit lame as shit, in my opinion.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

tis not mike other

Hey, I dont think he hates Ken singing back up. I think he just brought up the Jose and Ryen doing back ups is cooler becuase that is what he is used to to. I still dont think he minds Kens back up singing, knowing him, I think he just sated that thier back up singing for argumeants sake.

The Other Mike

Quote from: =Oatmeal= on September 23, 2006, 11:42:23 am
Hey, I dont think he hates Ken singing back up. I think he just brought up the Jose and Ryen doing back ups is cooler becuase that is what he is used to to. I still dont think he minds Kens back up singing, knowing him, I think he just sated that thier back up singing for argumeants sake.

you would think someone who argues for arguments' sake would be better at it.

I like ozma

i dont have any problem with kenn singing BACK UP but when he starts singing lead, then i will have a problem

kitten

would you really?  that's kind of lame.  what if he writes some fantastic songs?  i hope he does just to spite you.

I like ozma

Not Jason

Quote from: I like ozma. on September 23, 2006, 12:50:48 pm
i dont have any problem with kenn singing BACK UP but when he starts singing lead, then i will have a problem

Remember when Star sang lead on that cover of "Superstar"? Ã, Man, that must have pissed you off a ton, having a non-original member of the band singing lead and having the nerve to bill it as "Ozma". Ã, I still think you're being lame as shit.
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

yeah i had to go into a mental hospital when that happened. good times

butterfly

i didnt know kenn sang. which song?
...but who does lead, i don't see a problem with that, its more of the music that im concern with

tis not mike other

October 08, 2006, 10:38:34 pm #85 Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 12:28:03 pm by =Oatmeal=
Quote from: butterfly on September 13, 2006, 01:53:37 am
im not sure if i do share the same opinion with anyone, but the way i see it,
daniel = ozma just like how we see rivers = weezer.

i mean, the moment i hear daniel sang straight flush, i tell myself this is an ozma song, but when i hear ryen in barriers...i don't have that same effect in me.

but, that's just my opinion
I really dont think dan equals ozma. However, I think If I had to make the choice of who would write the songs for ozma from now on, jugging judging on their new songs, I would really pick Dan.

The Other Mike

Quote from: =Oatmeal= on October 08, 2006, 10:38:34 pm

i mean, the moment i hear daniel sang straight flush, i tell myself this is an ozma song, but when i hear ryen in barriers...i don't have that same effect in me.

I really dont think dan equals ozma. However, I think If I had to make the choice of who would write the songs for ozma from now on, jugging on their new songs, I would really pick Dan.

well if dan plays the jug, who's gonna play the gut-bucket?

Not Jason

Quote from: The Other Mike on October 09, 2006, 08:07:18 am
Quote from: =Oatmeal= on October 08, 2006, 10:38:34 pm

I really dont think dan equals ozma. However, I think If I had to make the choice of who would write the songs for ozma from now on, jugging on their new songs, I would really pick Dan.

well if dan plays the jug, who's gonna play the gut-bucket?

Either Jose or Ryen I'm guessing.  Whichever one isn't playing the banjo.
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

Not Jason

I say we petition Ozma to make these changes.
I am the baseball.