May 16, 2024, 07:29:32 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Anyone Else Unbelievably Disappointed?

Started by Tideplaya, May 15, 2007, 10:11:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

xlalaliex

Quote from: I Like Ozma on July 05, 2007, 02:23:26 pm
how could you not love motorology and underneath my tree?

I know!! Those songs are great

Seb

Quote from: aqotgg on June 27, 2007, 09:46:36 am
Those three tracks are some half-assed bullshit.

Actually, the new version of No-One Needs To Know makes the old version sound half-assed.

And I say that as someone for whom the original was one of their favourite songs.
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

Oatmeal

Quote from: Seb on July 13, 2007, 06:28:51 am
Quote from: aqotgg on June 27, 2007, 09:46:36 am
Those three tracks are some half-assed bullshit.

Actually, the new version of No-One Needs To Know makes the old version sound half-assed.

And I say that as someone for whom the original was one of their favourite songs.
I do like the added instruments and such. However, I HATE the shortened bass speed up to the verse. I think it sounded alot better as a more progressive speed up, so it kind of gets on my nerves.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

lit

Quote from: oatmeal on July 13, 2007, 02:06:47 pm
I do like the added instruments and such. However, I HATE the shortened bass speed up to the verse. I think it sounded alot better as a more progressive speed up, so it kind of gets on my nerves.

Yes--I disliked the new version of No One Needs to Know the first few times I listened to it but then one day it struck me that I really liked it, and the rushed speed-up is the only thing that I still dislike.
- jmurda

I Like Ozma

kind of the same here, i like the new version better maybe, but i dislike both versions.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Rome

July 22, 2007, 09:36:08 pm #185 Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:03:50 pm by Rome
I liked pasedena ok before, but my appreciation for the record has tripled. There isn't one bad song, and the only ones I'd skip through are no one needs to know and eponine, and that's just because they're old. Well... ok I've never liked eponine. So what.

But man, like I said pasedena just exploded  :-X
They made keys/complimentary keys their bitch on this album. The music is damn intelligent, and so are the lyrics. Just unbelievable.

k24

ozma is a musically intelligent band.

dan said he doesn't use theory when working out ozma songs.
i havn't found a single listener of pasadena that believes him.

respect

I haven't listened to OZMA in a few years, except for a recent listen  to "borderline" which made me wonder what OZMA is doing now, and found a NEW ALBUM! Terrif. I listened to it today on big headphones, on the bus, and decided it is way good. I think it is forward movement in all the ways that have been discussed. It's still OZMA though. Advanced OZMA. Just what I was hoping for (although a little bit short).
They're trying out new vocal styles, uses for weird sound effects and technology and some more lyrical maturity. I identify with them just like I did with rock and roll part three when I was in high school.
My only question, not even criticism necessarily, is why eponine? It was on the last album, just fine. Why is there the exact same song on this one? Does anyone know?
Straight flush is awesome. I will listen to this album again and again.
Sun beams down on to the Sandsean reigns
Caravan migrates through deep sandscape
Lungsmen unearth the creed of Hasheeshian
Procession of the Weed-Priests to cross the sands

I Like Ozma

ozma's new label wanted them to re-record eponine and also "no one needs to know" from the album "doubble donkey disc" as singles for this album. your welcome.

respect

Well, that's fair. Alright. no complaints. Thanks.

I Like Ozma

and welcome to the boards, hope you will post more than just those two times.

respect

I will, I think. I used to be here all the time back in the "day", but I have no idea what my name was.

respect

Actually, I remember there being alot more non-OZMA-related discussion going on. Does that ever happen anymore? Like discussion of new movies or the new Smashing Pumpkins album, etc.

Martha Gail

Quote from: respect on August 01, 2007, 07:14:30 am
Actually, I remember there being alot more non-OZMA-related discussion going on. Does that ever happen anymore? Like discussion of new movies or the new Smashing Pumpkins album, etc.

Uh, in the Off Topic section.
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

Rome

Quote from: respect on August 01, 2007, 07:12:05 am
I will, I think. I used to be here all the time back in the "day", but I have no idea what my name was.

:-\ ??? :-\

BOY THAT SOUNDS LIKE A DIRTY LIE FROM SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO BE POPULAR WITH THE FORUM!!!

I Like Ozma

yeah there is an off-topic section, which sucks by the way.

Captain Clay

Tri$tan

OT is kind of insular, in that its been the same community of posters for what 4 years or so? Newbie adoption is a slow process but once people learn to stop posting like idiots, they begin to be accepted with the in-group. We like intelligent people, what can I say?
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

Martha Gail

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteOT is kind of insular, in that its been the same community of posters for what 4 years or so?

i very much agree.
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

I Like Ozma

as do i. "in crowd" = "no longer ozma fans"

Rome

Weren't you already put in your place last time you said something like that?

I Like Ozma

ive never been put in any place on this forum.

VanSlegr Fan

Quoteas do i. "in crowd" = "no longer ozma fans"

this is what i've found most fascinating about the Ozma Fans Forum. discussing/liking Ozma seems to be shunned. i've seen it to be, voice your opinion on the new album once, then dont mention Ozma again.
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

Martha Gail

Yeah, but those of us who have been posting here for a while have already talked about Ozma to death.  Most of us have different musical tastes from four years ago.  We just come here because a.  it's habit and b.  we like the people. 

The Other Mike

August 03, 2007, 07:52:17 pm #205 Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 07:55:37 pm by The Other Mike
Quote from: I Like Ozma on August 03, 2007, 06:29:45 pm

:D :D :D

oh, and the OT doesn't discriminate. People who make dumb posts get shit, but there's no old poster/new poster double standard.  Look at Samuel.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Not Jason

Quote from: k24 on July 23, 2007, 06:22:05 am
ozma is a musically intelligent band.

dan said he doesn't use theory when working out ozma songs.
i havn't found a single listener of pasadena that believes him.

Me and dan have had a few discussions of theory, as well as theory relative to Ozma songs, so he definitely analyzes the songs theoretically.  He might not WRITE them from a hard theoretical standpoint, but he has to consider it.  I don't know how a musician who knows theory could possibly separate himself from it.  I can't, and I'm fucking ignorant compared to him.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Tri$tan

Quote from: I Like Ozma on August 03, 2007, 06:29:45 pm

the only time stuff like that happens is when people are genuine jackasses. Posting something like "OMG I'M THE BIGGEST OZMA FAN IN THE WORLD. I JERK OFF TO PASADENA EVERY NIGHT" type stuff. No you're not, we've been there and done that shit, and you may have gotten them to sign Pasadena, but i think Jason has the biggest collection of memorabillia. I mean perhaps you are their BIGGEST FAN. We're pretty bad though. This board went down after they broke up so we got up and created a new one.

Just don't be a jerk and you'll be ok.
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

I Like Ozma

well im not being a jerk, i am just stating the simple fact that most of the off-topic users usually dont actually listen to ozma anymore. and are not actually "ozma fans" you guys will actually admit it just in other terms as in "we have grown tired of talking about ozma because we have been around so long" or "our musical tastes have changed in the past four years" but it is all the same. you are no longer ozma fans. maybe not all of you, but the majority.

Captain Clay