April 29, 2024, 08:59:15 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

Anyone Else Unbelievably Disappointed?

Started by Tideplaya, May 15, 2007, 10:11:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gloom-glaam

Quote from: I Like Ozma on August 04, 2007, 07:26:50 am
well im not being a jerk, i am just stating the simple fact that most of the off-topic users usually dont actually listen to ozma anymore. and are not actually "ozma fans" you guys will actually admit it just in other terms as in "we have grown tired of talking about ozma because we have been around so long" or "our musical tastes have changed in the past four years" but it is all the same. you are no longer ozma fans. maybe not all of you, but the majority.
WRONG! Wrong, and wrong again.

If I remember correctly, only about 25% voted that they didn't like/listen to Ozma, whereas the other 75%ish voted that they did. I don't see how you get a mass majority of the OT from 25%. No, not consistently talking about Ozma because they have done it plenty, or other reasons, is not remotely the same as not liking Ozma. Sure, some don't talk about Ozma because they no longer like them, but others just haven't the need to talk about them. I don't talk about Intellivision, Perfect Dark, Weezer, Soccer, Transformers, girls, or Morgan Waters very much at all, but I still love all of those things to bits. No, changed musical tastes does not necessarily mean that they no longer like Ozma. For some it could, but for others, it could just mean that they don't like them as much. A band doesn't have to be in your top 10 or whatever for you to be considered a fan of them.

Lastly, don't generalize or exaggerate something to make your point. It doesn't work, it just makes it look like you're full of crap.

Tri$tan

See. Cantelope is a fine example of what I was talking about. He's new in the past year or so (?) but he posts in OT and people got pissed at first, but once he started posting intelligently people stopped giving him shit. I mean this isn't a competition, its a hang out spot.
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteHe's new in the past year or so (?) but he posts in OT and people got pissed at first, but once he started posting intelligently

do you think that all G.O.D. posters that post in OT are initially posting unintelligently?
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

I Like Ozma

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on August 04, 2007, 04:29:14 pm
well im not being a jerk, i am just stating the simple fact that most of the off-topic users usually dont actually listen to ozma anymore. and are not actually "ozma fans" you guys will actually admit it just in other terms as in "we have grown tired of talking about ozma because we have been around so long" or "our musical tastes have changed in the past four years" but it is all the same. you are no longer ozma fans. maybe not all of you, but the majority.

I don't talk about Intellivision, Perfect Dark, Weezer, Soccer, Transformers, girls, or Morgan Waters very much at all, but I still love all of those things to bits.

but are you a member each of their "fan" forums?
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

VanSlegr Fan

lol, i'd hardly say the Weezer forums have "fans" anymore. Weezernation is just a "bash Weezer" forum, and for that i am thankful. it'll be great to see how much new bashing will occur once there new album comes out. lol @ weezer.
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

respect

I feel like this has gone downhill ever since I showed up and mentioned the OC. 
Ozma has never been my favorite band, but it's a fun board, I think. Maybe I'll switch to ween, though. I hear the ween board's pretty happenin' these days. Who's with me?
Seriously, though- what's up with karma and why is mine negative? Whose call was that? Aggressive negative karma only breeds negative behavior, you know, like negative reinforcement. The system seems kind of backwards. Perhaps I stepped on an ant in a former life and this is my just deserts. I'll never understand the universe.
Speaking of Ozma, I would like to suggest that Lunchbreak > Motorology is a really great seven minutes of music.
Sun beams down on to the Sandsean reigns
Caravan migrates through deep sandscape
Lungsmen unearth the creed of Hasheeshian
Procession of the Weed-Priests to cross the sands

respect

oh dip, it's back to zero. How does that work, please? (newbie question)
Sun beams down on to the Sandsean reigns
Caravan migrates through deep sandscape
Lungsmen unearth the creed of Hasheeshian
Procession of the Weed-Priests to cross the sands

The Other Mike

blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

gloom-glaam

Quote from: I Like Ozma on August 04, 2007, 11:01:04 pm
Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on August 04, 2007, 04:29:14 pm

I don't talk about Intellivision, Perfect Dark, Weezer, Soccer, Transformers, girls, or Morgan Waters very much at all, but I still love all of those things to bits.

Intellivision: doesn't have a fans forum, though I am subscribed to the closest thing.
Perfect Dark: I'm not that big of a gamer.
Weezer: Much too big for my taste
Soccer: the soccer fans forum? I'm sure that would be much too big, and i wouldn't care about what would be on it.
Transformers: I sometimes lurk on one, and occasionally help out another
girls: I talk to girls instead of about them.
Morgan Waters: there isn't one, but I'm a street team member of his band, if that counts(it doesn't, cause I'm in Winnipeg).
Also, I was ever an active member on any  of the fan forums of these things, in the first place. It's not like I was, got tired of talking about them, and left.

I think you're failing to realize that when they started here, they were into Ozma, and enjoyed discussing them. It's just silly to leave a community because you're sick of talking about one of the aspects featured in that community, especially when there's whole other sub-forums to talk in. If I ever grow old of talking about Ozma, it's not like I have to find a new community to post in, I could just talk about non-Ozma things. Just because it's called the Ozma Fans Forums, it doesn't mean that only Ozma fans can participate. That would be like making it so that only members of Lemon Demon could post in the Lemon Demon forums. However, there are plenty of people who participate in the Lemon Demon forums, even though all except two of them aren't a member of Lemon Demon.

I Like Ozma

i never said they were bad people for not liking ozma anymore, all i have said was that they are no longer ozma fans.

gloom-glaam

I know, there's no mention of 'bad people' anywhere in that post.

I Like Ozma

The Other Mike

What he's saying is that fans can get burned out on talking about the subject of their fandom and still remain fans.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Rome

Quote from: respect on August 05, 2007, 04:25:15 am
I feel like this has gone downhill ever since I showed up and mentioned the OC. 

You mean OT?
Anyhow, it's not you. It seems like I re-read some argument like this every couple months here. Usually some really really big ozma fan that doesn't like mike or jason.

It's funny how this one was brought up in a long thread with an overwhelming majority of new and old members defending Pasedena, though.

Seb

Yeah, I think the person who actually posted with the most positive assessment of the new album was Sarah.

And she's not old-school AT ALL...
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

funwithsponges

Quote from: I Like Ozma on August 04, 2007, 11:01:04 pm

Okay Seb bumped this a couple days ago, but I just wanted to comment on this.  Kind of Samuel that one could think that the only way one can be a fan of something is to be a member of said thing's "fan" forum and shout it from the rooftops constantly.  I mean, are you serious?

Whoa!  I can't believe this thread is still raging!  You'd think I'd been posting in it!  :P  That's really all I wanted.

I still listen to Pasadena occasionally.  Unfortunately not as much as I listen to The Get Up Kids or The Anniversary or The Casket Lottery.  But, I still love The Ozma, and I still love the album.

VanSlegr Fan

can't say i have any love for the Get Up Kids, but i love the Anniversary. Your Majesty is still one of my top 10 fav albums since 00

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on August 24, 2007, 08:47:21 pm
can't say i have any love for the Get Up Kids, but i love the Anniversary. Your Majesty is still one of my top 10 fav albums since 00

ooh-- I can't say I agree with you there.  I think Your Majesty was a MAJOR disappointment after Designing A Nervous Breakdown--which I think is one of the best albums EVER of that "emo" genre.  --But, to each his own.

VanSlegr Fan

Quoteooh-- I can't say I agree with you there.  I think Your Majesty was a MAJOR disappointment after Designing A Nervous Breakdown--which I think is one of the best albums EVER of that "emo" genre.  --But, to each his own.

hmmmm....can't say that i've ever felt Anniv. was "emo", but to each his own.

i never loved Pasa. but i do listen to it, and its been fun organizing my Ozma section of my new 80 gig ipod, seeing all the goodies i have.

heysarahsarah

Quote from: Seb on August 20, 2007, 11:41:48 am
Yeah, I think the person who actually posted with the most positive assessment of the new album was Sarah.

And she's not old-school AT ALL...

At first I was gunna get all defensive and be like "Seb, I totally started posting like 2 months before you!"

And then I realized you were JOKING.  :)

Hmm...lets stay on track peeps.  After this post, if you have questions or wanna dish about other forums available pls take to OT. 

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.