question: does anyone know how ozmas album sales are coming along?

Started by I Like Ozma, May 23, 2007, 06:36:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tom

cesarsalad

getting played on KROQ (not KROC) is a HUGE deal. if they continue doing it the album could really pick up steam. everyone and their mother listens to kroq out here in california.

danorganplayer

I finally got the album in a store...

I went to the virgin Megastore.. THEY DIDNT HAVE IT ANYWHERE ON SHELVES...so ive had it i walked up and was like why isnt it out, when it comes out the 15th..and she looks for it and says its sold out..Im like HIGHLY doubt that..So later she comes back with it and says she looked for it in the backroom...

In my head i was like figures . right after that she put them out THANK GOD...

Ozma couldnt get a good amount of album sales..if the people at the stores dont friggen put them out to begin with..

So if u want the album HOUND THEM...

I Like Ozma

yeah when the person who bought the album for oatmeal and i went to get it she said that they only had 15 copies and they were still in the box.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Oatmeal

"Our first week of sales on "Pasadena" was fantastic and we cracked the Billboard Top Heatseekers 100 chart at #97. I heard we were also up in the twenties on the Billboard Indie/Alternative chart. Not too shabby... thanks to anyone who has bought our record in stores or ONLINE AT iTUNES(http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=253528598&s=143441)."

Thats from the ozma myspace blog
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=1285153&blogID=270497721&MyToken=f480670f-061e-47d4-ac21-6f613f52e0c9
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

heysarahsarah

Quote from: oatmeal on May 31, 2007, 05:28:04 pm
"Our first week of sales on "Pasadena" was fantastic and we cracked the Billboard Top Heatseekers 100 chart at #97. I heard we were also up in the twenties on the Billboard Indie/Alternative chart. Not too shabby... thanks to anyone who has bought our record in stores or ONLINE AT iTUNES(http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=253528598&s=143441)."

Thats from the ozma myspace blog
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=1285153&blogID=270497721&MyToken=f480670f-061e-47d4-ac21-6f613f52e0c9

:banana:
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Jordan

i live in ny (right over the border from nj and about 45 mins from nyc). i dont listen to the radio ever, so im not too much help on that end, but the week the album came out i looked for it. the one borders i looked at had it, but i thought it was pretty expensive ($13) for an album i kind of already had (cough cough) and i heard it was supposed to be like 10 bucks, so i passed on it. then i looked at best buy to see if it was cheaper, but they only had a copy of spending time, so then i just figured to fuck it and just wait till i see them in a few weeks that way the money goes straight to them.

hehe, i was actually gunna burn the cd for a few of my friends who are into ozma (just not as big fans as i am), but i decided not to cuz they are probably gunna goto the show with me and i know they'll buy it there. but yeah, thats cool to hear that they were on KROQ... you california-ites seem to not think thats a big deal, but that is a pretty major radio station. so yeah, good job ozma!

-Jordan  :)
you're as cold as ice.

Kyosho

Quote from: JordanInHelsinki on May 31, 2007, 09:09:20 pmbut yeah, thats cool to hear that they were on KROQ... you california-ites seem to not think thats a big deal, but that is a pretty major radio station. so yeah, good job ozma!

No no, the "california-ites" (and Jason) think it's a big deal. I'm the one that doesn't, as much.  :P
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Not Jason

I still haven't bought my own copy yet.  I know, I know.  Normally, I'd have went out of my way to have a physical copy in my hands, if possible, before the official release date.  But I owe about 700 bucks currently, with another 900 dollar debt rearing it's ugly head on the not so distant horizon.  I can't be buying shit unless I actually need it to maintain vital functions necessary for living.  Hopefully in a few months I will actually pull out of the crushing debt.  That would be rad.  Then I'll buy the damn thing.  I haven't checked to see if the local record store has it or not.  They recently hired this girl that kind of annoys me, so I've been going out of my way not to have to run into her.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

Quote from: Not Jason on June 01, 2007, 04:52:25 am
I still haven't bought my own copy yet.  I know, I know.  Normally, I'd have went out of my way to have a physical copy in my hands, if possible, before the official release date.  But I owe about 700 bucks currently, with another 900 dollar debt rearing it's ugly head on the not so distant horizon.  I can't be buying shit unless I actually need it to maintain vital functions necessary for living.  Hopefully in a few months I will actually pull out of the crushing debt.  That would be rad.  Then I'll buy the damn thing.  I haven't checked to see if the local record store has it or not.  They recently hired this girl that kind of annoys me, so I've been going out of my way not to have to run into her.

Lin?

(mainelol)
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Not Jason

Yep, that'd be her.

I in no way dislike Lin, but I find her slighly overbearing.  Combine that with some recent social drama (concerning people you don't know) and it makes me all the more anxious to avoid possible conflict.  I do generally like Lin though.

Trust me, this has EVERYTHING to do with Ozma.
I am the baseball.

heysarahsarah

No day but today.

creepy friendlies

I would be really suprised if Ozma sold more than 200 copies of Pasadena.
BREEEEEE
SKREEEE
REEEE
SKREE

heysarahsarah

Oh good, its a troll loser who has nothing better to do than dog a band on their own fan site.

No day but today.

ActionExplosion

CT-700

Quote from: ActionExplosion on June 04, 2007, 01:37:13 pm
Quote from: creepy friendlies on June 04, 2007, 01:16:05 pm
I would be really suprised if Ozma sold more than 200 copies of Pasadena.

Whats your deal man?

Most likely Varnon with a new user name...

heysarahsarah

No day but today.

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

creepy friendlies

Ok I loved Ozma... when they were good. Pasadena is an absolute abomination. Seriously, it's the worst album I've bought since the Green Album.
BREEEEEE
SKREEEE
REEEE
SKREE

heysarahsarah

k have a nice break.

:wave:

No day but today.

Oatmeal

Quote from: creepy friendlies on June 04, 2007, 01:59:05 pm
Ok I loved Ozma... when they were good. Pasadena is an absolute abomination. Seriously, it's the worst album I've bought since the Green Album.

Often jugding by the first listens(wich can sometimes be many listens) will give you a completly differnt consception. When music is diffrent it takes time.

Thus give things time before you make a complete descion. It keeps you from looking like a fool.

Im not saying that I like the green album. Im not saying that I like passadena better than ozma's older stuff. What I am saying is that passadena is great. It just needs time.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

I Like Ozma

Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

hipsun

FireAarro

Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Not Jason

I am the baseball.

CT-700

Quote from: Not Jason on June 05, 2007, 04:38:34 am
Quote from: hipsun on June 04, 2007, 10:31:06 pm
pasadena is the power pop equivalent of pet sounds.

mono?

No the 30th anniversary edition one with the bonus stereo tracks.

Now if only Ozma would release the box set containing the recording session/production demos/rehearsals/outakes....

LMRS

Quote from: Not Jason on June 05, 2007, 04:38:34 am
Quote from: hipsun on June 04, 2007, 10:31:06 pm
pasadena is the power pop equivalent of pet sounds.

mono?

Even better, DUAL Mono! It's really a double album being played simultaneously.

pygmy twylyte

i dont know if ozma is the type of band who radio play would really help.  i think they have to rely on shows, word of mouth, and the internet a lot more.  of the people who listen to ozma, how many even listen to the radio?