April 29, 2024, 09:00:16 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Is Ozma your favorite band?

Started by Potentially Tim, November 11, 2004, 01:05:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

ozma is my favorite band... and has been for the past 4 years and i dont think it'll ever change, but who knows what the future holds. rilo kiley is my second favorite band.

-Jordan  :)
you're as cold as ice.

Zack The Knife

I don't really have a FAVORITE band, but Ozma is up there. Wilco is a top tier, as well. Not to mention all the bands I don't think I actually need to mention...
- Zack

angie

yes

but it's not all based on their music, as i'm sure a lot of others would agree with when lovin ozma
there's so much more to it that gives them their own special tier in my tier system that floats along the top

Beorn

Ozma was my favorite band at one point. But my favorite band changes probably about yearly, if not half yearly. Right now I'm stuck on Ted Leo, to the point of obsessiveness. I think Ben Folds is following close behind, and David Crowder behind that. Ozma's somewhere in my top 10.

In no particular order (excluding those already mentioned):

Chris Tomlin
Weezer
Ozma
Switchfoot
P.O.D.
Hillsong United Youth
Radiohead

Yeah, that sounds about right. Over the past 7 years I've been obsessed with one of the above 10 bands for a while.

Fun Fact: The first (band?) I ever got into (way back when I first really got into music at all) was Boys to Men. Bet you didn't need to know that.

The Other Mike

Quote from: Beorn on December 03, 2004, 01:20:49 am
Fun Fact: The first (band?) I ever got into (way back when I first really got into music at all) was Boys to Men. Bet you didn't need to know that.

they're no worse than P.O.D.

;D
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

ShortyMac

If I had to say overall, in lyrics, musical ability, and synergism, what my favorite band was, it'd definitely be OZMA. Now, as with just about everyone on here, my tastes cycle, but OZMA is the single one that shows up recurringly (along with Senses Fail). Weezer comes close, as does Yes Dear. Thrice, Rise Against, Ataris, Fourbanger, Postal Service, Deathcab for Cutie, and a few others are also at the top.
Punker For Life...
Or at least until my hearing goes out!

I like ozma

phatpubah

i still enjoy ozma but not nearly as much as say 3 years ago.  my taste for music has changed to more mature stuff i suppose like wolf parade, broken social scene, arcade fire, interpol, my bloody valentine blah blah blah (if you want to argue whatev).  however ozma was always and will continue to be an important band in my life because they really exposed me to bands that werent getting radio play or on major labels but made great music.  plus some of their songs are extremely memorable and bring me to certsain points in my life.  so for those reasons, i will always continue to support ozma by going to their shows, buying their cds, shirts, etc.
CPL593H

gloom-glaam

Ozma as my #1?
Nope
top 3?
yes!

(1)=W=eezer
(2)They Might Be Giants
(3)Ozma
(4)Space Twins
(5)Homie (The Rivers Cuomo Band)
(6)Yes Dear
(7)Special Goodness
(8)Rentals
(9)Nada Surf
(10)Franz Ferdinand

unfilmstill

i can't believe i didn't post in this thread way back when....

i think that ozma will always be my sentimental all-time favorite band but in all reality, nada surf is number one.

Nordel

I 'd have to say that The Smashing Pumpkins are myfavorite. They have alot of depth and more range of different sounding material to choose from.

Jeff42

Ozma is my favorite band.  Pearl Jam had been my favorite for several years but when I started listening to Ozma this past summer they quickly became co-favorites and eventually I realized I like Ozma more.

phatpubah

February 05, 2006, 09:10:25 pm #42 Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 11:12:11 am by phatpubah
Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on February 05, 2006, 03:22:59 pm
Ozma as my #1?
Nope
top 3?
yes!

(1)=W=eezer
(2)They Might Be Giants
(3)Ozma
(4)Space Twins
(6)Yes Dear
(7)Special Goodness
(8)Rentals
(9)Nada Surf
(10)Franz Ferdinand
...dont they only have one song?
CPL593H

ActionExplosion

ironbird

I donââ,¬â,,¢t want to pick favorites, but ozma floats around there in the top 5.  Theyââ,¬â,,¢re always the most fun to introduce people to.

One quick questionââ,¬Â¦ how can you tie weezer with ozma?  Weezer has been quite disappointing since the departure of Matt Sharp.  Of course the blue album and pinkerton are untouchable pop perfection, but the last 3 albums have left something to be desired.  2 out 5 isnââ,¬â,,¢t so good.  Ozma is 3 for 3 and Matt Sharp is 3 for 3 (solo and Rentals) and Iââ,¬â,,¢m sure both of their next efforts will exceed the music of make believe. 
If you're reading this then you have no life!  Go ask a girl out or something!ãâ,¬â,¬Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã£ÂÂ¾Ã£Ââ€˜Ã£Ââ€žÃ£ÂÂ¬

gloom-glaam

Quote from: phatpubah on February 05, 2006, 09:10:25 pm
Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on February 05, 2006, 03:22:59 pm
Ozma as my #1?
Nope
top 3?
yes!

(1)=W=eezer
(2)They Might Be Giants
(3)Ozma
(4)Space Twins
(6)Yes Dear
(7)Special Goodness
(8)Rentals
(9)Nada Surf
(10)Franz Ferdinand
[/quote
...dont they only have one song?

by what sre you trying to say?

oatmeal

ozma-rrp3-favorite. I dont know maybee weezers blue?

most other bands seem to alternate on how much I like them.

tom

I agree with a lot of the older posts...its too hard to pick one band on put them on the top of my list...i mean...i'll hear a song by ozma on my itunes while shuffling and think--hey..ozma alright..havent listened to them in a while...and i'll listen to all 3 albums at once
my top 5 (not in order): Superdrag, Ozma, The Beatles, Rilo Kiley, Death Cab and Nada Surf is on the bubble. (includes all side projects and solo work by afforementioned bands, except for jon davis solo)

noonchild

Quote from: Tom Is Dead on February 06, 2006, 02:00:44 pm
...and i'll listen to all 3 albums at once

That must sound pretty messy, must be a bitch to find three different sources to play all three through.

;)
The light cast dark shadows all around me

Tri$tan

Quote from: Stanworth P. Chesnutt on November 11, 2004, 08:10:41 am
rrp3/ddd are the two albums that i own that i can put on and keep on repeat without getting pissed. pinkerton comes close but i have stupid memories associate with weezer now. mainly my ex.

but ozma is one of my top bands. the other ones rotate depending on mood.

oh how i've changed.

I still enjoy ozma but its not ranked as my favorite anymore. Its still very very near to my heart, and pretty much describes the last half of high school for me, but now i'm onto bigger and better things.

I love that this board is popular, even though half the top posters barely listen to ozma anymore. our community rocks.
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

returnofdisco

the fab four
david bowie
of montreal
ozma
the anniversary
annie hayden
the carpenters
mates of state

but most of all I fear you'd see, parts of me buried for centuries

returnofdisco

haha, I also like how CantelopeSkiz  put every band remotely related to weezer and then phatpubah analyzed it and questioned Homie for that one track they did on Meet the Deedles.  CORNY!!

tom

Quote from: noonchild on February 06, 2006, 02:05:14 pm
Quote from: Tom Is Dead on February 06, 2006, 02:00:44 pm
...and i'll listen to all 3 albums at once

That must sound pretty messy, must be a bitch to find three different sources to play all three through.

;)
lets see...winamp, itunes and...windows media player! zingaaaaa
and i also have three ears, so that helps.

I like ozma

Quote from: returnofdisco on February 06, 2006, 03:41:51 pm
the fab four
david bowie
of montreal
ozma
the anniversary
annie hayden
the carpenters
mates of state

by the fab four, do you mean the beatles cover band, or the beatles themselves?

Kurtzie

Can't exactly say they're my favorite band but one of the few bands that I like every song they've done.
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

gloom-glaam

Quote from: returnofdisco on February 06, 2006, 03:45:23 pm
haha, I also like how CantelopeSkizÃ,  put every band remotely related to weezer and then phatpubah analyzed it and questioned Homie for that one track they did on Meet the Deedles.Ã,  CORNY!!

screw you!
=W=eezer- like the Beatles
every member had great songwriting abilities
and i have 20+ Homie songs
anus bar

FireAarro

Ozma was my first favourite band... I still enjoy their music and they were important for getting me into the music I'm currently into (DB->Ezra->MaeShi->Deerhoof).

Also I still listen to them kinda often, when some of my past favourite bands I pretty much don't listen to (i.e. Rush (shhh)).
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

RaRPT

Ozma is probably my third favorite... I love them but I'd like to see a bit more experimentation... a lot of the stuff sounds very similar.
Ben Folds would be my second, and although he doesn't experiment too much either, I think he does a bit more, and with piano as well.
The Presidents of the United States of America are by far my favorite band, and most of Chris Ballew's side projects (i.e. The Feelings Hijackers) are tied as well. Those few bands will never be matched, as far as I can see.

returnofdisco

screw you!
=W=eezer- like the Beatles
every member had great songwriting abilities
and i have 20+ Homie songs
anus bar

Hey I like Weezer too, I think everybody on this board does or at one point in time loved that band.  No need to get bent out of shape, homie.  You forgot to mention that stupid band "crazy town", the guys that did "butterfly" on your favorites list.   yeah I think cuomo laid down some guitar for one of their songs.  You could list them right after franz ferdinand, homie. 

Fantastic Max

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips