May 02, 2024, 03:01:15 pm

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

spending time video

Started by lonely_hearts, June 20, 2005, 08:29:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lonely_hearts

June 20, 2005, 08:29:58 am Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 08:39:37 am by lonely_hearts
does anyone have the spending time video? i want to see it again.

and on an interesting side note, i was at a used cd store just browsing around and i came upon songs of audible trucks and cars. it surprised me so much that i bought it.

edit: nevermind, i should have read the older posts before asking.

Not Jason

Quote from: lonely_hearts on June 20, 2005, 08:29:58 am

and on an interesting side note, i was at a used cd store just browsing around and i came upon songs of audible trucks and cars. it surprised me so much that i bought it.

lucky find, how much did you pay for it?
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

lonely_hearts

Quote from: Not Jason on June 20, 2005, 09:32:33 am
Quote from: lonely_hearts on June 20, 2005, 08:29:58 am

lucky find, how much did you pay for it?

it sure was! $5.

Not Jason

that's a really good deal.  a few years ago those things were going for about 50 bucks on ebay.  i'm not so sure there's still a market these days though.  none the less, they are really hard to find.
I am the baseball.

lonely_hearts

wow 50 bucks is way too much no matter how much i love ozma. it's not that good of a cd.

Mog

I'd gladly pay much more for another copy, any takers?

Andy

Kris Danger

Quote from: lonely_hearts on June 23, 2005, 08:32:10 pm
wow 50 bucks is way too much no matter how much i love ozma. it's not that good of a cd.

then you dont love ozma as much as some of us. (says the guy with an ozma tattoo)

geektheindierocker

I checked your profile and saw you're located in Texas...I guess that's where the used cd store you found trucks and cars is?? I could see that happening in SoCal but in Texas that's pretty rare.

Kris Danger

no, i dont own a real copy of trucks and cars but i would definatley dish out 50+ dollars for one.

icecreamman

Quote from: RedStarBandit (returns for now) on June 24, 2005, 01:25:40 pm
no, i dont own a real copy of trucks and cars but i would definatley dish out 50+ dollars for one.
I think he's talking to the person who started this thread.

Kris Danger

Quote from: icecreamman on June 24, 2005, 03:33:29 pm
Quote from: RedStarBandit (returns for now) on June 24, 2005, 01:25:40 pm
I think he's talking to the person who started this thread.

i didnt realize there were more than 3 people on this board from texas :-[

heysarahsarah

The reason the cd would go for 50.00 is not the quality, but the rarity.  Those who are Ozma collectors (and there really aren't many.  The only people I know of with serious collections are Jason and DanielPhase2) specifically look for out of print material, and when there is a market for this rarity, it thus makes a damand.  Ozma made limited home pressings of Inaudible, and an equally limited number were available through mp3.com as Audible.  There are a few other fairly rare recordings (Ocho and Quatro, and a tape single [Just Tell Me When or Lorraine or something...I forget), the picture disc for RRP3, the radio release of domino effect, etc), but in general, since they only released a few albums and are now defunct, the demand has likely died down.  Who knows? 

Only time will tell.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Not Jason

Quote from: heysarahsarah on June 24, 2005, 09:35:12 pm
The reason the cd would go for 50.00 is not the quality, but the rarity.Ã,  Those who are Ozma collectors (and there really aren't many.Ã,  The only people I know of with serious collections are Jason and DanielPhase2) specifically look for out of print material, and when there is a market for this rarity, it thus makes a damand.Ã,  Ozma made limited home pressings of Inaudible, and an equally limited number were available through mp3.com as Audible.Ã,  There are a few other fairly rare recordings (Ocho and Quatro, and a tape single [Just Tell Me When or Lorraine or something...I forget), the picture disc for RRP3, the radio release of domino effect, etc), but in general, since they only released a few albums and are now defunct, the demand has likely died down.Ã,  Who knows?Ã, 

Only time will tell.

for the record, Audible is signficantly less rare than Inaudible, though either seem to sell for roughly the same price.

I would guess demand is probably much lower now.  I don't think you'd see copies going for that much on ebay now, but it's possible.  If the die hards still exist like they did.
I am the baseball.

heysarahsarah

Yeah, it's essentially a moot point.  I'm not even sure a copy on e-bay of ocho would generate much buzz around even here, except as an interest point.  I certianly doubt such a thing would go for well over 200.00, but even more so that a copy would surface at this point.  Now that they aren't touring and not releasing, buzz is non-existant.  Add to that the fact that they were always a small semi-successful indie band from LA and there you go.

I would still buy it if I saw it though.  Now I make an actual real salary and can compete ;)
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

lonely_hearts

Quote from: geektheindierocker on June 24, 2005, 01:15:16 pm
I checked your profile and saw you're located in Texas...I guess that's where the used cd store you found trucks and cars is?? I could see that happening in SoCal but in Texas that's pretty rare.

yep i found it in downtown austin, texas at a place called cheapo [http://www.cheapotexas.com/]. when i saw it i had to pick it up and look at it for a minute because i didn't believe it.

kaleigh

Not Jason

I am the baseball.

Andy

Quote from: heysarahsarah on June 24, 2005, 09:35:12 pm
The reason the cd would go for 50.00 is not the quality, but the rarity.  Those who are Ozma collectors (and there really aren't many.  The only people I know of with serious collections are Jason and DanielPhase2) specifically look for out of print material, and when there is a market for this rarity, it thus makes a damand.  Ozma made limited home pressings of Inaudible, and an equally limited number were available through mp3.com as Audible.  There are a few other fairly rare recordings (Ocho and Quatro, and a tape single [Just Tell Me When or Lorraine or something...I forget), the picture disc for RRP3, the radio release of domino effect, etc), but in general, since they only released a few albums and are now defunct, the demand has likely died down.  Who knows? 

Only time will tell.

I'd like to be a collector... but of course, theres no way I could find any Ozma stuff around here. And online buying abilities = crippled.

angie

i'm part poor because i didn't have a real job during those ozma days but still dished out the money for EVERYTHING related to ozma
i still don't have a real job but i'd definitely still drop whatever it takes to get inaudible, ocho or the likes

Not Jason

Quote from: angie on June 27, 2005, 07:50:01 pm
i'm part poor because i didn't have a real job during those ozma days but still dished out the money for EVERYTHING related to ozma
i still don't have a real job but i'd definitely still drop whatever it takes to get inaudible, ocho or the likes

what do you have?
I am the baseball.

angie

Quote from: Not Jason on June 27, 2005, 08:11:05 pm

what do you have?
sadly, not much (in the rare finds department)
which makes things worseÃ,  :-[
in terms of music, i'm sure you have everything i have and more

Not Jason

Quote from: angie on June 27, 2005, 10:14:18 pm

what do you have?

I don't brag about my collection these days, because if anything, I should be ashamed of it.  I was more legitamently curious.
I am the baseball.

angie

Quote from: Not Jason on June 27, 2005, 10:26:41 pm

what do you have?

I don't brag about my collection these days, because if anything, I should be ashamed of it.Ã,  I was more legitamently curious.
i'm not too proud of mine either in the fact that i just went completely overboard (buying every comp and mag with ozma in them, all their shirts, posters, etc.) and spent a grip but don't even have the things i really want like in/audible, ocho, daniel's stuff pre-sound mind...
now i have all this shit just taking up space
not that ozma's shit, but seriously, what am i gonna do with ~8 ozma shirts, and a bunch of crappy punk comps that contain one or two ozma songs each, songs that are already on the albums (each of which i have 3 copies of, in their various formats)?
i still can't seem to let go of any of it though...

Not Jason

June 28, 2005, 09:06:39 pm #24 Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 09:10:10 pm by Not Jason
Quote from: angie on June 28, 2005, 08:45:00 pm

what do you have?

I don't brag about my collection these days, because if anything, I should be ashamed of it.Ã,  I was more legitamently curious.
i'm not too proud of mine either in the fact that i just went completely overboard (buying every comp and mag with ozma in them, all their shirts, posters, etc.) and spent a grip but don't even have the things i really want like in/audible, ocho, daniel's stuff pre-sound mind...
not that ozma's shit, but seriously, what am i gonna do with ~8 ozma shirts, and a bunch of crappy punk comps that contain one or two ozma songs each, songs that are already on the albums (each of which i have 3 copies of, in their various formats)?

Yeah, I'm glad I never collected comps.Ã,  I would have been driven so broke.

I do take a little bit of pride in it, I just wish I had maybe invested some of that effort into buying cds from OTHER bands too, because for the most part, my CD collection blows.

check me out, i'm lame.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

sadly I took that like a month ago and i'ts not even current.
I am the baseball.

Andy

Quote from: Not Jason on June 28, 2005, 09:06:39 pm
Yeah, I'm glad I never collected comps.  I would have been driven so broke.

I do take a little bit of pride in it, I just wish I had maybe invested some of that effort into buying cds from OTHER bands too, because for the most part, my CD collection blows.

check me out, i'm lame.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

fuck.

you.

Kyosho

Quote from: Andy on June 28, 2005, 11:13:43 pm
Yeah, I'm glad I never collected comps.  I would have been driven so broke.

check me out, i'm lame.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

fuck.

you.

I concur.  :D
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

angie

Quote from: angie on June 28, 2005, 08:45:00 pm

what do you have?

Yeah, I'm glad I never collected comps.Ã,  I would have been driven so broke.

check me out, i'm lame.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

ditto

that's me minus four cds (the first two in/audible ones, and what i'm assuming are japanese releases of rrp3 and ddd which i'm actually still looking to get)
i also have the tornado version of sound mind
you could add to that two yes dear cds

i suppose one thing i can take pride in is my monstro cd
daniel accidently sold me a new years party mix he made (so i have that) instead of the monstro demo
so he burned me another cd to make up for it:
"monstro: ocean floor demos, daniel brummel: assorted tomfooleryÃ, FOR ANGIE"
he filled up just about all 80 minutes of that CD and included songs that at the time weren't out on the internet (and a couple that still might not be)
oh you better believe that made my day

Not Jason

that's cool.  I really wish i had an authentic copy of tornado sound mind.  more than that i wish i had a network to take care.  and what do you mean by TWO yes dear CDs?  I have one (that i wrote about in the discography in the info section).  If there is another one that exists that's different, you should do a write up on it and send it to me for the discography.

Also, if you ever felt like doing a list of comps you have and what ozma track(s) they feature, that would be really handy for the section too.  I mean obviously you don't have to and it's time consuming thankless work so I wouldn't expect you to.  But if there is another Yes Dear release I haven't written about, I would really appreciate any info.
I am the baseball.

angie

i wish i had a network to take care too

sure, i can do the comp list thing
the disco that was up on the original ozmafans site is how i originally found out about a few of the comps

yes dear released a demo type cd which i bought at their first show ever in january
then i got their full length which has all the demo songs plus some more in a different order
i can get that info for you

just give me a couple days